Honored Contributor

I read in the newspaper there will be an eight-episode miniseries on FX beginning filming this fall for airing next year. It's a biography about the lives of choreographer -director Bob Fosse and his wife, dancer Gwen Verdon, starring Sam Rockwell and Michelle Williams. It's based on Sam Wasson's book "Fosse, a Biography," with Lin-Manuel Miranda as one of the producers.

Honored Contributor

Re: FX Miniseries On Bob Fosse

[ Edited ]

I am a huge Fosse fan and his style of choreography. I was fortunate enough to see Ben Vereen in Pippin in 1973 on Broadway. I just hope this story can generate enough of a viewing audience for 8 weeks, it sounds like the kind of series FX had with Bette and Joan last year.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really enjoy the FX series I've seen - one about Fosse should be great!  I could not watch the Gianni Versace series!, though. Darren Criss was scary  good as Andrew, it seriously creeped me out. Woman Frustrated I believe he was even up for an emmy !

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

He had such a wheels-off life, I’m sure it wI’ll be very interesting. 

He had ‘IT’:

A certain charisma which men want to be like him & 

woman want to be with him....and vice versa.

People are very loyal to that ’charisma’ personality type. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  Sounds interesting. Thanks for posting about it. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I am a huge Fosse fan and his style of choreography. i was fortunate enough to see Ben Vereen in Pippin in 1973 on Broadway. J just hope this story can generate enough of a viewing audience for 8 weeks, it sounds like the kind of series FX had with Bette and Joan last year.

That must have been glorious to see, @Shelbelle!    I'm a huge fan of his choreography style, too.   I saw the movie "All That Jazz" a few years ago -- not popular with reviewers but I've seen it several times.   This new series shows promise, especially with Lin-Manuel Miranda.   Great potential!   Thanks for the thread, @Jordan2!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

FX has started showing some previews for this mini series and it looks good!

it is going to be called FOSSE/VERDON.and is coming out in april.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/bob-fosse-gwen-verdon-fx-limited-series-michelle-williams-sam-rockwell-...

teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T9FTsBVt5Y

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Wonderful news, @sunshine45!   Thanks!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Let's hope that Williams and Rockwell are fabulous dancers, they will have to be to pull this off!!

How about that Fosse choreography in Chicago, ??

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2@Shelbelle@sunshine45@colliemom4@sidsmom@Ibby114

Here's an example of Sam Rockwell's dancing -- I think he's a natural!😃

"Sam Rockwell: Dancing Machine"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB7Vb2_QpA0

Prancing Cat