Honored Contributor

Re: FX Miniseries On Bob Fosse

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Anyone ever see the movie, Lenny, I dont think I ever have, but Fosse and Hoffman were nominated for Oscars. 

I have.  Lenny Bruce's observations were rough and crude, but the movie was true-to-life and well-acted.

I think that was what must have appealed to Fosse, Lenny Bruce must have reminded him of himself. 

Respected Contributor

Margaret Qualley who plays Ann Reinking is Andie Macdowell's daughter!

Honored Contributor

I think this is one of the most enjoyable shows I have seen on TV in a very long time.  It actually is making me put down a book and turn on the TV!

Honored Contributor

ITA, it has made me spend lots of time online reading  much more about about Bob and Gwen, lots of interviews with them on You Tube. And a great video of them dancing the Who's Got the Pain mambo number from ****** Yankees together

Honored Contributor

My godness that Gwen Verdon really pushed Fosse to the breaking point. Didn't she see he was in such failing health? Last night I thought he was going to cough up a lung. I think there are 2 more episodes, the end must be near for him (I believe she passed away in 2000).

Honored Contributor

They are on 1974 now, he died in her arms in 1987, we saw that in the first episode at the end. 

Honored Contributor

Rockwell was just amazing in this week's episode, I can predict an Emmy for him to add to his Oscar. 

Honored Contributor

the entire miniseries has been excellent!

i have been watching two episodes at  a time.

those two were so good together. it is a shame that they could not make their marriage work. i think bob had just too much of a "roving eye" and too many bad habits.

tonight is the finale i believe?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Bob Fosse & Debbie Reynolds "Give a Girl a Break"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdFy-2td-mA&feature=youtu.be

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRQ9xa9xOZE

Fosse and Janet Leigh in My Sister Eileen in 1955