Honored Contributor

FRIDAY HORROR FANS-- "VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED"

17329_1.jpg

@SharkE,  they're starting early on TCM!    Flash double feature--

4:30 p.m. Eastern--  "Village of the Damned"   George Sanders, Barbara Shelley, Michael Gwynne, Laurence Naismith

6:00 p.m. Eastern--  "Children of the Damned"   Ian Hendry, Alan Badel, Barbara Ferris

Honored Contributor

Re: FRIDAY HORROR FANS-- "VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED"

@Oznell I am not sure I have ever seen the original! I have seen the remake with Kirstie Alley and Christopher Reeve though.Will have to try to watch one of these.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw this movie (Children of the Damned) in the 60's when it first came out, I think I was in Jr. HS, I don't remember that much about it, but I remember it was scary!

Esteemed Contributor

I have never seen this movie, but I remember seeing commercials for it in the '60's when it came out.  Those eyes scared the you know what out of me!!!

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Oznell  looks like we got a lot of young folks to educate. LOL

I just got the DVD of 'She-Devil' the one with Roseanne Barr and Meryl Streep (however, you spell her name) be watching that when I have time for myself.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, gang, although not a horror expert like @SharkE and @spider woman and co., I've seen these.  "Village of the Damned" especially-- woo, it is scary but good.

I like the plummy, early 60's English village atmosphere, the campiness, and George Sanders, as usual, is excellent...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess it's a matter of individual preference or what we're in the mood to watch, but TCM often mystifies (read that as annoys...) me with the times at which they choose to show certain movies. It appears they're offering all day sci-fi and horror UNTIL prime time, when they're switching over to old westerns... Go figure... I might have watched some of the creepy offerings, but have no interest in the westerns, fine though some of them might be... And yep, I get it, they don't program based on my whims...

Smiley Very Happy 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Next week  is Greer Garson week. My true love Clark Gable couldn't stand her, so, therefore, I'm not real big on her. LOL She did have class.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would love to see a "back story" remake of the "Damned

Children."  Where did these children originally come from, who & why?

I also enjoyed the Christopher Reeves version.  From what I can remember, the whole village/town including the animals were unconscious when the impregnations took place.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I have seen both movies many times and still enjoy them.  Village of the Damned is one of the better well acted  movies of horror/syfy. 

I always perk up at this time of the year when TCM begins fo offer the horrors and Sy Fy movies I always enjoy.  The Universal, Hammer, Val Lewton, The Haunting, Ghost stories, all welcome!!!!!  I even enjoy the poorly acted , horrible story line movies as they give me a laugh.  Love Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing in anything they are in.  I avoid the very gory violent horrors though.

I am ready!!!!!