Honored Contributor

Sometimes I get an email from Xfinity about this.  I didn't get one this time.  I don't know how we're supposed to know about this otherwise.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Just an FYI, I called my cable company to block it.  You can ask them to "scramble" the signal.  I do not like watching the programs with so much foul language.  I miss the Golden age of cinema the movies from the 1950s and 60s.  I often find "Turner Classic Movies" is a good channel but I have even heard one or two bad words slip past the editors on that station.

Why?  You don't have to watch it.

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Reever wrote:

Just an FYI, I called my cable company to block it.  You can ask them to "scramble" the signal.  I do not like watching the programs with so much foul language.  I miss the Golden age of cinema the movies from the 1950s and 60s.  I often find "Turner Classic Movies" is a good channel but I have even heard one or two bad words slip past the editors on that station.

Why?  You don't have to watch it.

Maybe it's too tempting to sneak a peek..

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I plan on binge watching Divorce and Big Little Lies!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I watched "A Star is Born" with Bradley Cooper.

I wasn't impressed, I kept hearing & seeing Kris Kristofferson.

As Jackson Maine, Cooper had no real presence on the singing stage, so his fall was mediocre.   If he had chosen a real singing star to play the part, it would have been much more dramatic.

I remember all the hype when it came out & looked forward to seeing it.    

I'm a fan of Lady Gaga but all her songs sound the same, she has an awesome voice.

Again it confirms to me that Hollywood keeps going downhill.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

Sometimes I get an email from Xfinity about this.  I didn't get one this time.  I don't know how we're supposed to know about this otherwise.

@NickNack  My mother has Xfinity.  The "FREE" preview premium stations are noted on her billing statements.  She also gets the notifications through snail mail.

I have FIOS & get mine the same way.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Anything interesting to look for?

@software  HBO has excellent documentaries.  You can search them out on HBO's On Demand under "Documentaries."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I watched "A Star is Born" with Bradley Cooper.

I wasn't impressed, I kept hearing & seeing Kris Kristofferson.

As Jackson Maine, Cooper had no real presence on the singing stage, so his fall was mediocre.   If he had chosen a real singing star to play the part, it would have been much more dramatic.

I remember all the hype when it came out & looked forward to seeing it.    

I'm a fan of Lady Gaga but all her songs sound the same, she has an awesome voice.

Again it confirms to me that Hollywood keeps going downhill.

@software I watched it this morning and it was like a Lifetime movie for me, I was very underwhelmed, which is why it took me so long to eventually get to it.

Nothing beats the music from the Steisand/Kristofferson version.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack  My mother has Xfinity.  The "FREE" preview premium stations are noted on her billing statements.  She also gets the notifications through snail mail.

I have FIOS & get mine the same way.

@Mz iMac   I have automatic payment set up with Xfinity and get my statement online.  I usually just check the total.  I need to start looking at the entire statement to read the notifications.  Thanks for letting me know.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau