Honored Contributor

FREDRIC MARCH FEST TUESDAY NIGHT TCM EASTERN

These are some of my favorites, showcasing the prodigious talent of this master:

10:15 p.m. Eastern--  "Middle of the Night"  Fredric March, Kim Novak, Lee Grant, Martin Balsam, Joan Copeland

Surprisingly intense romance overtakes middle-aged, vulnerable but smart garment manufacturer (March) and his sweet, equally confused employee (Kim Novak).  Family disapproval complicates things...

12:30 a.m. Eastern--  "Executive Suite"  William Holden, Fredric March, Barbara Stanwyck, Walter Pidgeon, Nina Foch  

Well-loved, supremely entertaining portrait of midcentury corporate life, in which Fredric March gets to play a total weasel, brilliantly.

2:30 a.m. Eastern--  "Seven Days in May"  Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, Fredric March, Ava Gardner, Edmond O'Brien, Martin Balsam

Engrossing thriller unwinds a dastardly power struggle in Washington.  Fredric March is the white-knuckle President, horrified by an attempted coup within the government to unseat him from his elected position. The plot is slowly uncovered by career soldier Kirk Douglas.  Wonderful roles for all concerned. 

Respected Contributor

Re: FREDRIC MARCH FEST TUESDAY NIGHT TCM EASTERN

@Oznell: Thanks for the heads up! I love Fredric March movies. I've seen each of movie you've listed, but can easily watch again. "Middle of the Night" is truly outstanding in my book.

Honored Contributor

A resounding "yes" to MIddle of the Night.  I can watch that one time and time again.

Honored Contributor

The movie that made me a big Fredric March fan was Anthony Adverse. Then I saw The Best Years of our Lives. Well, I realized I had some catching up to do.

I know I have only seen bits and pieces of Middle of the Night. And I have watched Executive Suite but worth watching again.

It is funny I watched a biography of Barbara Stanwyck today. She was one driven lady.

Once again, thank you Oznell for keeping us posted. I appreciate your keeping us up to date.