Esteemed Contributor

Re: FRED MACMURRAY'S DAUGHTER TOURS THE FAMILY RANCH HOUSE

@Oznell - I enjoyed this so much!     Such a beautiful home and peaceful setting.  Kate M. has a very soothing voice and wonderful memories of her parents.

Thanks for sharing.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much for sharing.  I will watch it tonight when I get home.  I love Fred McMurray.  He had the same demeanor and cleft in his chin as my daddy so, of course, I loved him.  It does bring me to tears when I see him on TV as it makes me miss my own father and his loving ways.   I love that kitchen !!!  It is so beautiful and homey.  Thanks again as I look forward to watching youtube to hear his daughter's stories.  Heart

@Oznell wrote:

Gosh, was this good-- for some reason it almost brought me to tears!

Fans of Fred know how down to earth he and wife June Haver were.  His daughter Kate shows the little ranch that she partly grew up on, in Healdsburg, California.  I love the unpretentiousness -- reminds me very much of his friend Ronald Reagan's even smaller, modest "Rancho del Cielo" near Santa Barbara.  The MacMurray place is now part of the Gallo Winery complex, but thankfully the rooms of the ranch house have been left intact, with that homespun, midcentury charm.  No Hollywood glitz here!

Her stories are priceless, including the tidbit about the kitchen table that cost a quarter, and the drainboard that her Dad built himself.  Here's that vintage kitchen:

macmurray-ranch-img~0971d29903ea3cdd_8-1039-1-8a0a946.jpg

She's a wonderful narrator for her family's past! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVXFYKwuzn8&list=PLsCgvnpyZQJZDWAhOZVVDD8xKupjdVHOG&index=4

Honored Contributor

That's delightful, @marky .   Hope you enjoy.

Honored Contributor

Kate has a lovely voice. I wonder if she ever narrated audio books. Their rural home reminds me a bit of my childhood home. Not lavish by any stretch. I'm so glad you posted this @Oznell . I may watch it again because there are things I no doubt missed.