Honored Contributor

FRED MACMURRAY'S DAUGHTER TOURS THE FAMILY RANCH HOUSE

Gosh, was this good-- for some reason it almost brought me to tears!

Fans of Fred know how down to earth he and wife June Haver were.  His daughter Kate shows the little ranch that she partly grew up on, in Healdsburg, California.  I love the unpretentiousness -- reminds me very much of his friend Ronald Reagan's even smaller, modest "Rancho del Cielo" near Santa Barbara.  The MacMurray place is now part of the Gallo Winery complex, but thankfully the rooms of the ranch house have been left intact, with that homespun, midcentury charm.  No Hollywood glitz here!

Her stories are priceless, including the tidbit about the kitchen table that cost a quarter, and the drainboard that her Dad built himself.  Here's that vintage kitchen:

macmurray-ranch-img~0971d29903ea3cdd_8-1039-1-8a0a946.jpg

She's a wonderful narrator for her family's past! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVXFYKwuzn8&list=PLsCgvnpyZQJZDWAhOZVVDD8xKupjdVHOG&index=4

Respected Contributor

Re: FRED MACMURRAY'S DAUGHTER TOURS THE FAMILY RANCH HOUSE

"Midcentury Charm" is a good way to describe. Thanks for sharing.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This was wonderful! ❤️ What a simply beautiful life. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thanks,Oznell, it was a lovely visit. His daughter, Kate, has a lovely speaking voice.  I wish it was a little bit longer and had a few more stories/

Honored Contributor

For some reason it brought tears to me, what a lovely, touching, lived in home,and she the daughter is charming, i just love this.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

What a beautiful story his daughter told.  She has the kind of voice perfect for storytelling.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

That was so interesting @Oznell .  Thank you for posting it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell 

What a great video and insight into the McMurray family., neat mid-century house.  Loved how his daughter explained they didnt change much in the house, because the furnishings were like old friends.......Thank you so much for sharing....

This has a special meaning because in the morning I've been watching My Three Sons and Leave It To Beaver on METV.....and seeing Fred on My Three Sons brought back memories when we watched these series when me my sis, and brother were kids....

Fred was in a lot of good movies---Double Indemnity, Remember The Night, Murder He Says, and many more, as well as all the Disney movies.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Wonderful!

@Oznell Thank you!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

THanks, @Oznell . What a wonderful house/setting. LOVE the kitchen, and the den and the back staircase!