Honored Contributor

Re: FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL 8PM TCM

@gardenman wrote:

I also love the movie, but Andie MacDowell was not at her best in the film. She'd transitioned from modeling to acting in the early 80s and did okay, even winning awards, but I thought this may have been her worst performance. She just never rang true to me in this film. I love the movie though.

@gardenman 

Is it still raining?  I hadn't noticed.

So badly delivered, I cringe.

I thought she was more appealing in Green Card.  Still, I can overlook some of her performance faults -- she's really quite lovely. 

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

I also love the movie, but Andie MacDowell was not at her best in the film. She'd transitioned from modeling to acting in the early 80s and did okay, even winning awards, but I thought this may have been her worst performance. She just never rang true to me in this film. I love the movie though.

@gardenman 

I thought she was more appealing in Green Card.  Still, I can overlook some of her performance faults -- she's really quite lovely. 

Yeah, she's very beautiful, seems genuinely nice, but her acting in four Weddings was not her best. She's done well in other roles, but that was not her ideal role. Still, she's nice to look at and she seems like a good person. Oddly enough we're the same age. Both of us were born in 1958. I kind of pegged her as being younger than me. She's actually a few months older 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@gardenman 

Yeah, she's very beautiful, seems genuinely nice, but her acting in four Weddings was not her best. She's done well in other roles, but that was not her ideal role. Still, she's nice to look at and she seems like a good person. Oddly enough we're the same age. Both of us were born in 1958. I kind of pegged her as being younger than me. She's actually a few months older 

@gardenman 

Funny you mention it because I'd always thought she was younger, too.  (I'm a product of 1959.)

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

Hugh Grant cracks me up.   He's a good actor.   Saw him in a dramatic role a while back and was really impressed.

My favorite movie he did was called "About a Boy."  That was a very sweet and touching movie.   I highly recommend it.

Honored Contributor

@Ladygray wrote:

Hugh Grant cracks me up.   He's a good actor.   Saw him in a dramatic role a while back and was really impressed.

My favorite movie he did was called "About a Boy."  That was a very sweet and touching movie.   I highly recommend it.

@Ladygray  That is a good film and he was good in it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen it.  I've made a mental note to myself to watch it.

@shoptilyadropagain  Let us know what you think. In the first wedding, I almost fell off my seat in the movie theater laughing at the wedding ring scene (with this ring I do wed).

@Pearlee Didn't get to watch it.  I discovered Friday evening, I don't have TCM on my Comcast cable lineup.  When you posted this, I was thinking of AMC which I do have.  Woman Sad

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown