Respected Contributor

FOOD CRASHERS - FOOD NETWORK

[ Edited ]

Did anyone watch Food Crashers last night w/Jeff  Mauro?  I watched it and it was okay but I swear there was another show like this on before with a cook-off w/chefs going from house to house but the difference was that they had a block party at the end of the show.

Valued Contributor

Re: FOOD CRASHERS - FOOD NETWORK

I was very disappointed, this seems similar to the show done in a grocery store parking lot, not impressed

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KACEE1115 I think you're talking about Supermarket Stake Out. I watched a couple of episodes and got bored with it. Plus, I can't stand Alex what's her name who is the host. It was the same ole, same ole.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for Jeff or Alex, so I'll pass on both their shows.  

Trusted Contributor

I wish the Food Network would go back to the "old days" when it wasn't all about competition cooking. I use to like when the shows were actually about how to make great, economical meals for those of us that aren't "chefs". Meals made from ingredients that are more readily available to many of us and techniques and tips on just good old everyday cooking. I'm not sure why it's changed so much, but that's just my honest opinion.😊

Trusted Contributor

@SWEET  I'm thinking that was a show called "Door Knock Dinners" produced by Gordon Elliott???  I recall Paula Deen being involved in it somehow??  I enjoyed the show at the time.

I recorded Jeff Mauro's "knock-off" show but haven't seen it yet. 

Respected Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

@SWEET  I'm thinking that was a show called "Door Knock Dinners" produced by Gordon Elliott???  I recall Paula Deen being involved in it somehow??  I enjoyed the show at the time.

I recorded Jeff Mauro's "knock-off" show but haven't seen it yet. 

@pdlinda 

Thanks!  You've got a great memory.  I couldn't even begin to remember any of the shows name.  Not sure who the producers were though.

It was ok.  Probably won't be watching again.  I know the concept and what's going to happen.  The funniest part was when a woman slammed a door in one of the chef's face when they walked to the door.  I don't think the chef got many words out.  LOL.

Trusted Contributor

@SWEET - I forget the name of the show,  but it's where Curtis Stone got his start.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

Because annoying people coming out of the supermarket wasn't bad enough now they have to annoy people in their own homes!  

Super Contributor

Can't watch anything with Jeff Mauro...