Honored Contributor

FLASH ALERT: "RANDOM HARVEST" FANS TUESDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Calling all romantics!

8:00 p.m. Eastern--  "Random Harvest"  Greer Garson, Ronald Colman

The "amnesia" movie to end all amnesia movies.  Garson and Colman are an enchanting couple.  Their energy as actors and people seems to vibrate at a very similar frequency to me-- they both seem 'light', whimsical, refined, delicately rueful.  Haunting story of meeting, separation, rediscovery...

And a smashingly charming rose-bowered English cottage!  

Honored Contributor

Re: FLASH ALERT: "RANDOM HARVEST" FANS TUESDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Wow, I did it again--  "Random Harvest" in the wrong category.  Sigh- I will notify mods to please move, sorry.

Honored Contributor

It is still Fan Dedications. I really enjoy the short interviews with the guests. Some have been quite entertaining. It am going to watch just for the interview.

Honored Contributor

What are fan dedications, @drizzellla?  I'm guessing that they have members of "Backlot" or something, introducing some of the films?  That would be interesting to see.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Calling all romantics!

8:00 p.m. Eastern--  "Random Harvest"  Greer Garson, Ronald Colman

The "amnesia" movie to end all amnesia movies.  Garson and Colman are an enchanting couple.  Their energy as actors and people seems to vibrate at a very similar frequency to me-- they both seem 'light', whimsical, refined, delicately rueful.  Haunting story of meeting, separation, rediscovery...

And a smashingly charming rose-bowered English cottage!  

@Oznell "It was an instant commercial success. Its seven Academy Award nominations included nods for Colman, supporting actress Susan Peters, director Mervyn LeRoy, and Best Picture. Garson, whose performance was well-received, was ineligible for the Academy Award for Best Actress, as she had already been nominated that year for her role in Mrs. Miniver."

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

TCM has picked 25 fans for the introduction of each movie for 25 days. I have seen two of them. The movie is then discussed when it is over.

Honored Contributor

Great back story on "Random Harvest",  @mousiegirl.  What bad luck for Greer that she turned in two such good performances, too close together.  I bet if they were in farther apart years, she might have won both...

Thanks, @Catiele for the explanation.  Neat concept!  It would be nerve-wracking to be the "fan" in the spotlight, but what fun as well.  I was tempted to go to TCM try to catch one of the intros, but we have a backlog of "Perry Mason"s from MeTV and FETV that I've been DVR-ing, and I got caught up in one!  Perry Mason can be so compelling...

Since the fan intros are going on for 25 days, I'll hope to catch some in the next few..

Honored Contributor

It is to celebrate TCM's 25th anniversary. People submitted videos and they picked 25 winners.

There was a charming lady last week. She picked Wuthering Heights. And dedicated it to her future boyfriend. She was so much fun to watch - you couldn't help but smile the entire time she was talking.