Honored Contributor

FLASH ALERT: "BORN TO KILL" CLAIRE TREVOR, LAWRENCE TIERNEY SUNDAY NOON EASTERN TCM

[ Edited ]

Noon Eastern--  "Born to Kill".  Lawrence Tierney, Claire Trevor, Walter Slezak, Elisha Cook, Jr., Philip Terry, Audrey Long

MV5BMTM4MzM3NDI2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDkwOTIyNw@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1306,1000_AL_.jpg

Rats, no time to do this cult film justice in an alert while dashing for church, but do give this shivery, lesser-known but excellent film noir a chance.  Ruthless but seductive sociopath Tierney manages to marry into wealth, charming a vulnerable heiress, but others in the household are on to him (Claire Trevor, in another of her incisive portraits of ambivalence).

This is quite riveting, and chock full of wonderful character performances. 

Trivia:  Have no time to check this, but I do believe that hapless but sweet Philip Terry was one of Joan Crawford's quickly shed husband/consorts....

Honored Contributor

Re: FLASH ALERT: "BORN TO KILL" CLAIRE TREVOR, LAWRENCE TIERNEY SUNDAY NOON EASTERN TCM

IMO, this is an engrossing film noir.  Have seen it a couple of times and worth watching.

Honored Contributor

Re: FLASH ALERT: "BORN TO KILL" CLAIRE TREVOR, LAWRENCE TIERNEY SUNDAY NOON EASTERN TCM

Oznell, You are right Philip Terry was one of Joan Crawford's husbands. Each one of her 4 marriages lasted 4 years.

Will have to check out this movie.

Honored Contributor

Engrossing is exactly the word, @kaydee50 !  I can't imagine why they don't show it more often, the "entertainment value" is so high...

@drizzella , I hope you get to watch too-- think you would like it.  Hey thanks for confirming the Phil Terry thing.  I didn't realize there were fully four hubs altogether!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  On our cable system, RCN, we have a channel called "Movies!"  It shows this film and a number of other film noirs on a regular basis.  It does have commercials but I usually record it and just skip them.