Honored Contributor

FLASH ALERT: "BLACK WIDOW" GENE TIERNEY FRIDAY 11:20 A.M. EASTERN FOX MOVIE CHANNEL

11:20 a.m. Eastern, Fox Movie Channel:  "Black Widow" Ginger Rogers, Van Heflin, Gene Tierney, George Raft, Peggy Ann Garner, Reginald Gardiner

Murder among the smart theater set in NYC.  If you missed this very nifty, stylish little noir a few months ago, it's a must this time around!

Would-be writer Peggy Ann Garner (all grown up since "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" somehow worms her way into a circle of Broadway big shots, and the results are explosive.  Ginger Rogers has a blast playing a super catty theater diva, and sterling player Van Heflin is his A-1, always utterly convincing, self.  Superior Fifties high style and midcentury modern sets, too.

Great movie to kick off the weekend!

Respected Contributor

Re: FLASH ALERT: "BLACK WIDOW" GENE TIERNEY FRIDAY 11:20 A.M. EASTERN FOX MOVIE CHANNEL

Dear Oznell ... I am a classic film buff .. but must admit I have

never heard of this one .....Hmmm.... but will enjoy it I am sure ....

thanks as always ....

Trusted Contributor

Re: FLASH ALERT: "BLACK WIDOW" GENE TIERNEY FRIDAY 11:20 A.M. EASTERN FOX MOVIE CHANNEL

@Oznell  Great movie, I did recently watch this, but is so worth watching again !!!!

Honored Contributor

Have never seen this one although it sounds like All About Eve.  Will record.

Honored Contributor

You are so right, @hayseed00 !

@Big Joanie and @kaydee50 ,  I think you'll enjoy it.  Very "baroque" mystery, with lots of little fun nuggets and excellent cast...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

11:20 a.m. Eastern, Fox Movie Channel:  "Black Widow" Ginger Rogers, Van Heflin, Gene Tierney, George Raft, Peggy Ann Garner, Reginald Gardiner

Murder among the smart theater set in NYC.  If you missed this very nifty, stylish little noir a few months ago, it's a must this time around!

Would-be writer Peggy Ann Garner (all grown up since "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" somehow worms her way into a circle of Broadway big shots, and the results are explosive.  Ginger Rogers has a blast playing a super catty theater diva, and sterling player Van Heflin is his A-1, always utterly convincing, self.  Superior Fifties high style and midcentury modern sets, too.

Great movie to kick off the weekend!

@Oznell   I bought a DVD that has this, and three other great movies.  It was run on Movies pretty frequently last year.

Honored Contributor

Oh, yes, @mousiegirl ,  it's a good one to have on DVD, to have whenever wanted!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, yes, @mousiegirl ,  it's a good one to have on DVD, to have whenever wanted!

@Oznell   You must think I have a DVD store, lol, but aside from my pups, gardening, decorating, it is my entertainment.

I think being at home for a year due to an accident, as a child, caused me to be addicted to tv, it was company as I was an only child, and my Mother worked.  I don't remember exactly at what age my Mother bought a tv, probably after I started school. 

We got a car when I was seven, imagine that.  We took buses, but think my Mother decided at one point that she needed a car to get me to where I needed to go, school, activities, etc., not to mention saving money to buy one.

I didn't sleep the night before, so yesterday, I planted myself in my recliner, dozed off and on through two DVDs I have had for a while, but hadn't watched, The Paradine Case and Invitation, enjoyed the latter more, probably because I like Dorothy McGuire.  I still have Unfaithful with Ann Sheridan, to watch, one day.

Honored Contributor

And "regular" TV used to run classic black and white movies constantly, so your recovery at home exposed you to the best of the classics, @mousiegirl ...

I think you will love "The Unfaithful".

Honored Contributor

I liked TIERNEY the best in that movie with Vincent Price and that wursy guy she was so in love with she killed his son out in the boat.

Leave her to heaven ? was it ?  I never thought she was all that pretty, but, man she had some bad breaks.