Honored Contributor

Re: FLASH ALERT: "BLACK WIDOW" GENE TIERNEY FRIDAY 11:20 A.M. EASTERN FOX MOVIE CHANNEL

You're right, it was "Leave Her to Heaven",  @SharkE -- great movie!

Honored Contributor

Re: FLASH ALERT: "BLACK WIDOW" GENE TIERNEY FRIDAY 11:20 A.M. EASTERN FOX MOVIE CHANNEL

Once again, thanks, Oznell.

I could not tell you how many times I have seen the end of Black Widow. So I knew who did it but I had only a little bit of the web of deceit that had gone on beforehand.

Once again I missed the beginning today. But I caught about the last hour. So I was brought up to speed with all the flashbacks. That was so helpful. Maybe next time I will catch the beginning.

PS - I can not believe how attractive Ginger Rogers was. She was 43 when she made this movie. But VanHeflin sure made an unattractive picture of her before the jury.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the heads up! I never saw this one.

Honored Contributor

I couldn't stand Van Heflin. Glenn Ford, Jack Lemmon, James Dean.

That guy who was with Eliz Taylor in Butterfield 8 think it was. Thinking his first name Lawrence something or the other. Cole black hair hair always smoking , thin,  cheeks sunk in   hahaha

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

I couldn't stand Van Heflin. Glenn Ford, Jack Lemmon, James Dean.

That guy who was with Eliz Taylor in Butterfield 8 think it was. Thinking his first name Lawrence something or the other. Cole black hair hair always smoking , thin,  cheeks sunk in   hahaha

Laurence Harvey - I never cared for him either

I just looked up information about him, he died of stomach cancer at the age of 45.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell I've never heard of this version but did enjoy the 1987 thriller Black Widow with Debra Winger and Theresa Russell. For those who have never seen it, I recommend it.
Honored Contributor

Oh, yes, @Pearlee ,  I always think of that film as well (which is unrelated to this one) when I see the title "Black Widow".  That one was very suspenseful and good as well.  Theresa Russell, is she is still acting, seems to keep a low profile...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@drizzellla    yeah, that's him. He was always rude and smart alecky.

another 1 I couldn't stand was Jimmy Stewart. Bumbling, fumbling and stuttered around. He made me nervous.

Remember Ziegfeld or was it Ziegfield Follies where beautiful, stunning Lana Turner was matched up with him ? What a match up that was. miscasting, if there ever was.

Fredric March, add him to the list. Seems like I read Joan Crawford didn't like him either. LOL

Trusted Contributor

Watched this movie again last night. I had taped it and watched it the first time it came around a while back! Not your typical Ginger Rogers genre for sure! Loved it! I adored the fashions! Peggy Ann Garner was a little pill. I so wanted to slap her silly, LOL! Talk about movin' on up! 

Not the usual role for George Raft, either! If anyone missed this one, catch it the next time it comes back. It is a good one!

Honored Contributor

Yeah, @TexasMom1 ,  that Peggy Ann Garner was a character in this one.   I had never heard that colorful expression for an opportunist of her sort, a "purpose girl",  until that restaurant hostess used the phrase when she and Van Heflin were talking...  It's so applicable!