Honored Contributor

FLASH ALERT-- "AFTER THE THIN MAN". WM. POWELL, MYRNA LOY THURSDAY 3:45 P.M. EASTERN TCM

u-g-PJ6G890.jpg

3:45 p.m. Eastern today Thursday --  "After the Thin Man".  William Powell, Myrna Loy, Elissa Landi, James Stewart, Joseph Calleia, Jessie Ralph, Penny Singleton, Sam Levene

unnamed.jpg

Almost missed noticing this.  This second installment in the "Thin Man" series,  might be my favorite, vying with the first sparkling tour de force.  Nick and Nora are back in California, on home turf, where Nora's distraught cousin (Elissa Landi) asks them to find her missing husband.  Mystery to follow!

Highlights:  

1) Nora's fussbudgety society relatives

2) The San Francisco setting

3) Nick and Nora's luxurious house with the utilitarian but up-to-the-minute classic Thirties' kitchen (where midnight snacks are made)

4) Asta's antics

5) The seedily atmospheric Chinese restaurant, I believe called a "chop suey joint" here 

6) Jimmy Stewart

7) And of course, the ongoing, delightfully witty marital badinage going on between the couple.  Loy is elegant and equal to anything;  William Powell is superb, as usual-- he cannot be topped as cinematic husband material...

What have I left out....

Honored Contributor

Re: FLASH ALERT-- "AFTER THE THIN MAN". WM. POWELL, MYRNA LOY THURSDAY 3:45 P.M. EASTERN T

Glad I own this one, @Oznell , along with a handful of other "Thin Man" movies.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: FLASH ALERT-- "AFTER THE THIN MAN". WM. POWELL, MYRNA LOY THURSDAY 3:45 P.M. EASTERN T

Oh, yes, discerning @GingerPeach --  it's an essential!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for info.  I thought I'd seen all The Thin Man movies!!

Love your pictures, too.

Have you seen My Man Godfrey with William Powell?

Honored Contributor

Oh, yes, what a coincidence, @countrylady --  "My Man Godfrey" was on just the other day, and I alerted it!

It is also terrific, isn't it?  So glad that gifted William Powell had all these sparkling vehicles for his comedic talents....