Honored Contributor

FLASH ALERT HITCHCOCK FESTIVAL TUESDAY TCM

dial-m-4-murder-LG.jpg

All day till 8:00 p.m. Eastern.  Schedule below:

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.html?tz=CST&sdate=2020-09-01

Honored Contributor

Re: FLASH ALERT HITCHCOCK FESTIVAL TUESDAY TCM

Yes, I noticed while going thru the guide on my tv. They have some good ones, that's for sure. Yesterday I heard a program on NPR about "Hitch".  ( we always called him Alfie, lol) Anyway, it had excerpts from his tv show all those years ago. What a character. He was talking about murder. "music to murder by" and  quips like that. It really was funny. He could have done stand-up.

Honored Contributor

Some of his lesser known ones are being shown.  I'm looking forward to the Women Make Film series that follows the movies.

Respected Contributor

I love Hitchcock but I am, always disappointed that they never show Notorious with Cary Grant, Ingrid Bergman and Claude Raines.  It's one of my favorites.  Bergman looks wonderful. Grant is fabulous and Claude Raines, so good as always.  The scene in the wine cellar gets me every time!

Honored Contributor

@Somertime   Agree completely.  None of my top 5 Hitchcock's are being shown.  Stage Fright is interesting because of Marlene.  Dial M for Murder for Milland.  

Valued Contributor

Love all the movies being shown!!  No complaints here.

Honored Contributor

Far too often it seems to me, TCM programs their better offerings other than during prime time and then foists less that scintillating fare out there when, to me, they should be showing their best... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I love The 39 Steps. It's right up there with Saboteur as far as I'm concerned.  They should show it more.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's always kind of mystifying to me, @Somertime , that they show "Notorious" so seldom! 

Agreed, @Judaline ,  love "Saboteur".   "Stage Fright" has grown on me over time--  I love Richard Todd, and Dietrich has such a field day with her diva role! 

I guess my all-time greatest Hitchcock has to be "Shadow of a Doubt",  for the setting, the brilliant cast, writing, etc.  "Vertigo" bringing up a close second.