Honored Contributor

FLASH ALERT: HEPBURN SUSPENSE DOUBLE FEATURE TUESDAY 9:00 A.M. EASTERN TCM

[ Edited ]

katharine-hepburn-robert-taylor-undercurrent-1946-W782T7.jpg

9:00 a.m. Eastern--  "Undercurrent"  Katharine Hepburn, Robert Taylor, Robert Mitchum, Jayne Meadows

11:00 a.m. Eastern--  "Keeper of the Flame".  Spencer Tracy, Katharine Hebburn, Forrest Tucker

I always have to say, although I'm not a huge Katharine Hepburn fan, I really like these moody thrillers!  Especially the Vincente Minelli-directed "Undercurrent".   It utilizes Robert Taylor's interesting onscreen ambivalence very well.

Super Contributor

Re: FLASH ALERT: HEPBURN SUSPENSE DOUBLE FEATURE TUESDAY 9:00 A.M. EASTERN

Thank you, thank you @Oznell 

I meant to watch this as it is my day off from work. Time slipped away from me. Tuning in now!

Honored Contributor

Re: FLASH ALERT: HEPBURN SUSPENSE DOUBLE FEATURE TUESDAY 9:00 A.M. EASTERN

Yeah, @lil spot ,  time has a way of doing that, these days.  Glad you are going to be able to catch it!

Honored Contributor

Re: FLASH ALERT: HEPBURN SUSPENSE DOUBLE FEATURE TUESDAY 9:00 A.M. EASTERN TCM

@Oznell wrote:

katharine-hepburn-robert-taylor-undercurrent-1946-W782T7.jpg

9:00 a.m. Eastern--  "Undercurrent"  Katharine Hepburn, Robert Taylor, Robert Mitchum, Jayne Meadows

11:00 a.m. Eastern--  "Keeper of the Flame".  Spencer Tracy, Katharine Hebburn, Forrest Tucker

I always have to say, although I'm not a huge Katharine Hepburn fan, I really like these moody thrillers!  Especially the Vincente Minelli-directed "Undercurrent".   It utilizes Robert Taylor's interesting onscreen ambivalence very well.

@Oznell   I don't recall hearing of either of these movies.

Did you ever view an interview Phil donahue was giving to Kathryn Hepburn?  The subject of his name was brought up, I think he asked her if she ever watched his show or knew who he was.  He said "I am Phil Donahue," and she replied, "no, you're not."  LOL!

I don't remember where I hear/read this, but it was said that she and Spencer did not have an affair, that it was a cover for them being gay.  I can believe it about her, the way she dressed, etc., and explains why he never divorced, though it was said he wouldn't because he was a Catholic, not buying that one.

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell  Both of those movies are great. However, Tuesday is my Meals on Wheels day. I had to leave before "Undercurrent" was over and when I got home, "Keeper of the Flame" was just about over. However, I have the "Watch TCM" app so I can watch them both later. Today wasn't my day; here in Western NY we have a reserve base  and today they did a flyover of all the hospitals in the area. I missed that too because I was driving to my last delivery when they flew over. So, I'm 2 for 2 today!

Valued Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@Oznell  Both of those movies are great. However, Tuesday is my Meals on Wheels day. I had to leave before "Undercurrent" was over and when I got home, "Keeper of the Flame" was just about over. However, I have the "Watch TCM" app so I can watch them both later. Today wasn't my day; here in Western NY we have a reserve base  and today they did a flyover of all the hospitals in the area. I missed that too because I was driving to my last delivery when they flew over. So, I'm 2 for 2 today!

they're both available on the TCM app ~ that's how I usually watch ~ via either my Roku or the Amazon firestick. Available until June 11th 

Honored Contributor

I've heard that as well, @mousiegirl --  hard to know for sure, with these people!   I think you'd enjoy these films.

@Buffalogal47,  bless you for doing your "Meals on Wheels" bit!   I did a stint with them, and know that you are doing such vital work with them, especially now.  It wasn't your day today, but you made somebody else's day better today in beautiful western New York with your selfless volunteer efforts!

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell Thanks so much for the kind words! I have been doing MOW for 24 years. I started when I was working. We were corporate volunteers. There were about 60 of us. We would give  up a lunch every month and work in pairs to deliver to a nearby senior apartment complex. When I retired, I continued on. I love doing this. We have an added load now; more clients are being added because the senior centers are closed so many people who used to have lunch there every day no longer can; so we deliver to them as well as our regular clients. MOW always needs volunteers, especially now. Sooooo, if you or anyone else reading this post is sick of being on lockdown, give your local MOW a call. We take all CDC recommended precautions and have very strict protocol in place for delivery and interactions with the clients. We use masks and lots of hand sanitizer and wipes! 

Honored Contributor

You are doing yeoman work, @Buffalogal47 ,  and I can well believe it is more complicated now.  The wonderful people make it all worthwhile.  Thanks for superb post and getting the word out!  Yours is the sort of gallant spirit that lets us know this is still the America we think it is, no matter what befalls us.

Honored Contributor

I always enjoy Hepburn , she is a great actress whether it be a drama or comedy.  She and Tracy had a lot of chemistry on screen and I believe off screen.  I admired her for dressing the way she did, she was independent and her own person.  I also believe Tracy and she were in love. And since neither are here to tell us other wise, I respect their memories.

As I have posted before, love Hepburn in Desk Set and she and Tracy are two reasons that movie works.