Honored Contributor

FLASH ALERT: GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES MARILYN MONROE TUESDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

1_rM9MpdAMIy5sErDauWUOzQ.png

8:00 p.m. Eastern--  "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"  Marilyn Monroe, Jane Russell

This was shown pretty recently, but it's always fun and froth!  A fabulous confection.

Honored Contributor

Re: FLASH ALERT: GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES MARILYN MONROE TUESDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

I'll be watching.

Honored Contributor

Re: FLASH ALERT: GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES MARILYN MONROE TUESDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

I love this movie.

🎶

proxy-image-1.gif🎶

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Watching.  I LOVE the snappy dialog in this--  Jane Russell can whip out a sardonic quip like nobody's business!

Honored Contributor

Charles Coburn, “Piggy,” is a hoot!
Honored Contributor

I was watching when Marilyn Monroe was singing the Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend number. Whoever was the film Editor for that number deserves an Academy Award. They did an excellent job making the number work. Wonder how many takes that had to be used to get the final print.

I kept thinking of the quote from Billy Wilder about Marilyn Monroe -

"My Aunt Minnie would always be punctual and never hold up production, but who would pay to see my Aunt Minnie?"

Billy Wilder

Esteemed Contributor

Great movie. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

Such a fun, silly movie.   I caught a bit of it, but have never seen the whole movie.

Beautiful costumes and, as always, tiny waists!

Jane and Marilyn are like two sticks of dynamite!