Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Just took this series off my "set to record". It seems like this is not going to end anytime soon...maybe entire season to fix up an old castle that they will never to be able to sell AND not universally interesting...at least not to me.

@Shanus 

It won't be long if not currently happening a "Magnolia" gift shop as part of the castle tour, anyting to sell their brand.  

I had to "unrecord" too with the Magnolia cooking show.  Have you seen that?  Couldn't watch no matter how hard I wanted to see the recipes.

I like her cooking show, maybe because she's the star.   I enjoy seeing her kids, the older ones are getting so grown up.

Joanne is easier to watch, without all the hype, screaming, running around the kitchen, like most cooking shows have become.

Same reason I watch Pioneer Woman

Never tried a recipe from either one!!

Trusted Contributor

@jlkz - go to your DVR, arrow down to Manage Series Recordings,  arrow right to the list of what is being recorded,  arrow down (if needed) to the series you want to delete,hit the OK button, then arrow down to cancel series, hit OK. then arrow down to confirm cancellation.   HTH!!

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123  It is getting a bit obnoxious, but I do love the cooking show. I have it recording only the new shows. Sometimes Chip shows up to help cut veggies, etc. and I hit the remote and change the channel ASAP.

That's why I don't watch RACHEL on Fridays when her husband shows up to make cocktails. What's with these guys? They need to get their own GIG!

Honored Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

Hi @Shanus 

What do you think about Joanna's black eyeliner look? 

@justashopper   She definitely needs an appt. with me to learn about liner. She's doing it "Twiggy style" and covering the entire lid w/ black. No, just no!.....IMHO.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Just took this series off my "set to record". It seems like this is not going to end anytime soon...maybe entire season to fix up an old castle that they will never to be able to sell AND not universally interesting...at least not to me.

@Shanus 

It won't be long if not currently happening a "Magnolia" gift shop as part of the castle tour, anyting to sell their brand.  

I had to "unrecord" too with the Magnolia cooking show.  Have you seen that?  Couldn't watch no matter how hard I wanted to see the recipes.

I like her cooking show, maybe because she's the star.   I enjoy seeing her kids, the older ones are getting so grown up.

Joanne is easier to watch, without all the hype, screaming, running around the kitchen, like most cooking shows have become.

Same reason I watch Pioneer Woman

Never tried a recipe from either one!!

@software   I'm hooked, literally spellbound, by THE  LOST KITCHEN  and ZOE BAKES. Those are about the only shows I actually can't wait to see and watch in real time. They're recorded and I watch a second time during the week. 

They're my Sunday Game Day retaliation shows.

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Shanus 

Thank you for your honest opinon.  It is definitely a designated style and choice--  EVERY DAY.  I would love to see her without it.  

Respected Contributor

@DecorDiva 

As I read your instructions on how to delete a recorded series, it sounded so familiar....it was because that was what I had repeatedly been doing.

And then, I realized why it seemed that it wasn't working.  Evidently, DH had entered the record series option for the same program that I had already entered.  Since I didn't know this ( his was at the bottom of a long list that I never fully scrolled down to check ), it seemed that the program series I was trying to delist was still on the record series list.

Sanity has returned: both entries for the same series are now deleted.  Thank you for the timely post as it got me back to a task I had been postponing !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

Hi @Shanus 

Thank you for your honest opinon.  It is definitely a designated style and choice--  EVERY DAY.  I would love to see her without it.  

@justashopper   There's no point in not being honest, especially here. When questions are asked, I have to give my opinion, sometimes brutally honest, but always with good intentions.

Trusted Contributor

@jlkz  -  I learned something too!  I didn't realize you could set up the same thing to record more than once.  It's only me here, but I do have those senior moments!  Thanks for your response.