Honored Contributor

FILM NOIR ALERT QUARTER PAST MIDNIGHT EASTERN TONIGHT AND 10:00 A.M. EASTERN SUNDAY TCM

12:15 a.m. Eastern tonite and 10:00 a.m. Eastern Sunday--

"On Dangerous Ground"   Robert Ryan, Ida Lupino, Ward Bond.

Haven't personally seen this "Noir Alley" entry, but acclaimed Nicholas Ray ("In a Lonely Place") directed, and fabulous Robert Ryan and Ida Lupino star.  Neither has ever given an uninteresting performance.

Tough, somewhat out of control city cop Ryan is exiled upstate to work on a murder.  Falls for lovely, blind Ida Lupino, involved in the case.  Two lonely, intense souls connecting, etc.  Sounds good.

Frequent Contributor

Re: FILM NOIR ALERT QUARTER PAST MIDNIGHT EASTERN TONIGHT AND 10:00 A.M. EASTERN SUNDAY TCM

I absolutely love  Noir Alley.Eddie Muller does a great job. Thanks for

keeping us posted on upcoming films.

Honored Contributor

Re: FILM NOIR ALERT QUARTER PAST MIDNIGHT EASTERN TONIGHT AND 10:00 A.M. EASTERN SUNDAY TCM

The reviewers on the TCM site seemed to love it and gave it high ratings.  And it's another that's new to me.  Yay!!  

One reviewer noted the switch between the city and the country locations was welcome, and that the first half seemed more like noir and the second half like action/adventure.  All of that is good, I think.

I love movies with mountain settings, log cabins, stone fireplaces, and small-waisted women.  (The latter inspire me to keep going on my weight loss plan.)

Image result for on dangerous ground

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Great photo tour of the film, @GingerPeach!

Honored Contributor

This sounds like a good one and the cast definitely worth the watch.  I will DVR it and look forward to relaxing tomorrow and watching the movie!

Honored Contributor

I loved hearing that the movie was being shown in honor of Bernard Herrmann's birthday and that he composed the scores for Hitchcock films such as Vertigo and North by Northwest.  

North by Northwest theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H3dcQXaNyM

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.