Honored Contributor

So funny at the end of show it said Catherine Zeta Jones I go WHAT!

where was she I never saw Catherine Zeta (one of my fav's) then it said

she was Olivia De Haviland  !

What !! Didn't look nothing like Olivia. I thought that gal was Debbie Reynolds. LOL

Honored Contributor

Mark Valley was th actorwho played Gary Merrill, Bette's hubby and I think it was Reed Diamond in there too, maybe he was Joans.

Valued Contributor

I can't think of anyone off hand who resembles Joan Crawford. She was very unusual looking, to me. I never thought she was pretty; too hard looking. I don't think Jessica Lange looked or sounded much like Joan, but she's doing the best she can, I guess. Susan looks more like Bette. I read that Joan Crawford was only 5'3". She always looked so much bigger than that! These women were such divas and so jealous of each other. I wonder if they had any women friends. What a cut throat business. I suppose you had to be pretty tough to make it in that world. I'm enjoying the show. The actors probably are getting a kick out of being in it.

Honored Contributor

I found it interesting that Ryan Murphy said that the actresses in Hollywood now are going through the same things the women in this series are.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  And Kathy Bates was Joan Blondell. She was really good but was nothing like Joan Blondell . I guess it's all tongue in cheek, so no harm no foul.

Respected Contributor

I really do wonder why Jessica L was cast as Joan. It doesn't make sense - not by any stretch of the imagination.

I wonder if they asked Faye Dunaway first? To me, she's a big enough presence to pull it off. Plus, Faye has a striking look. Look at what she did in Mommy Dearest!

IF she was asked, perhaps she turned it down (why?!), or do you think that the producers thought that she's too old?

Who knows?

Jessica Lange has always struck me as the winsome, fluttery sparrow type. Not a diva force to be reckoned with.

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

Great article on what's true and what's not.  Most of it is true!  Read all the way down.  My favorite thing is that the Joan Crawford having a Pepsi machine brought to the set wasn't true -- Bette Davis had a COKE machine installed!  Hahahahahaha.

http://www.eonline.com/news/833327/fact-checking-feud-bette-and-joan-s-premiere-get-the-lowdown-on-w...

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal   Here is the thread people have been posting on about the Davis-Crawford show.

Honored Contributor

One of the TV websites voted Lange as their Performer of the Week for her outstanding work as Joan Crawford.

Maybe Faye's portrayal as Joan was a one and done for her.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

One of the TV websites voted Lange as their Performer of the Week for her outstanding work as Joan Crawford.

Maybe Faye's portrayal as Joan was a one and done for her.

faye dunaway could not have done this series. she is 76 years old now and it would have been a stretch for her to play joan crawford at around 56/57 years old.

i thought lange did an excellent job as jc.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein