Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I read that Bette didn't want BD to marry or have children at a young age yet she married at age 16 and had a child when she was in her early 20's. Bette didn't have any children until she was 39. I read another interesting yet sad article about how many actresses back then were forced to have abortions. Studio heads had it written into many of their contracts that they were not to become pregnant because they wanted them to maintain a certain image. 

@colliemom4  Bette had BD in 1947 which would have made her 39 at the time.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

I read that Bette didn't want BD to marry or have children at a young age yet she married at age 16 and had a child when she was in her early 20's. Bette didn't have any children until she was 39. I read another interesting yet sad article about how many actresses back then were forced to have abortions. Studio heads had it written into many of their contracts that they were not to become pregnant because they wanted them to maintain a certain image. 

@mousiegirl That's what I said lol.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@mousiegirl That's what I said lol.

@colliemom4  I misread, thought you were talking about Bette, but it was BD.

Honored Contributor

The Andy Williams show excerpt featuring Bette Davis (1962)

(this was part of his christmas holiday show)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo_txjQ3EzY&feature=youtu.be

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

This is priceless. I never would've thought Davis would do something like this and was surprised at the rendition SS did on the show last night... Kudos to Bette...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Re: FEUD - Davis & Crawford

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

OMG amazing. Thanks for posting this, I had meant to google it to see if I could find it. They did a GREAT job of recreating it. Except the real Bette had better shoes, Susan had on flats. Bette certainly was NOT a dancer - lol - Love it!!!!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Valued Contributor

I think tonight is supposed to be about the 1963 Oscars.

I also went crazy for Bette's/Susan's performance on the Andy Williams Show last week. I probably watched the original show live because we never missed Andy in those days!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Respected Contributor

Ummmmmmmmm, I just figured out today that this was a TV show. I thought it was a movie. Guess I'll try to go watch online. After I get my head out from under this rock. (What can I say? I've been busy lately and barely watching my regular shows!)

Honored Contributor

i wonder if ryan murphy is going to do a FEUD series featuring olivia de havilland and joan fontaine?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Last nights episode really shows the epitome of Crawford's bitter, evil and nasty personality. Strong arming Geraldine Page & Anne Bancroft out of accepting their award, if they won, and letting her accept instead. Even the director, Cukor?, tried talking her out of her antics she had planned for the Oscars. He told her she didn't need to do this, she was better than this, etc.

Crawford was on a mission to destroy Bette any way that she felt she could. She took too much glee raining on someone else's parade. Not a decent person at all, her motivies were all about Crawford, and she didn't care one bit about anyone else or the fallout. Seems "mommy dearest" did live up to her reputation.