Esteemed Contributor

I actually feel susan Sarandon is spot on as Bette Davis,  she must have studied her actions, voice, mannerisms etc.  she has me thinking she IS BD.   Jessica Lang as JC not so much ,  she doesn't have her essence down IMO.  I don't feel I would know who she was playing if I didn't already know,  but SS I would know was playing BD.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline, same for me, and I just watched episode three.  I don't see Jessica Lange at all.  I always see Susan Sarandon.  I just don't think she's that great of an actress.

IMO Judy Davis as Hedda Hopper is stealing the show.  Funny thing is she has the hardest accent to do.  She's perfect. 

Hedda Hopper's real name was Elda Furry.  LOL.

Honored Contributor

I just dove right into the characters. I think it's just great. 

Honored Contributor

i really like the "mamacita character" on the show.

did you know that although she was called mamacita, that she was really a german woman with nine children and many grandchildren?

she eventually left joan crawford and moved back to germany, supposedly because she was "tired of having things thrown at her."

jc.jpg

https://www.joancrawfordbest.com/m.htm

jc.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Judy Davis is a great actress I really started noticing her when she played Judy Garland in "Life with Judy Garland" some years ago.

I've been taping Feud just in case I miss it.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Here is  Joan Crawford's will from 1976.  It shows how little the children received and all the stipulations receive anything at all.   Joan was a very vindictive hateful person and died  a bitter old lady.

https://www.joancrawfordbest.com/willtext.htm

here is a bit of information regarding bette davis will......

Bette Davis Estate Near $1 Million; 2 Daughters, Grandsons Left Out

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-11-07/news/mn-913_1_bette-davis-estate

Bette left all the money to her son Michael because she knew he would take care of Margot. BD would not. 

@PurpleBunny

just curious.......have you read that somewhere, that bd would not have cared for her sister?

actually she didnt leave all of her money to them.......half of the estate went to her assistant/companion.

Yes, when I read about Margot, it piqued my interest and I read several articles that said she was angry over the book BD wrote and she could not trust her to take care of Margot. She knew Michael would, and he has - all these years. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

I read that Bette didn't want BD to marry or have children at a young age yet she married at age 16 and had a child when she was in her early 20's. Bette didn't have any children until she was 39. I read another interesting yet sad article about how many actresses back then were forced to have abortions. Studio heads had it written into many of their contracts that they were not to become pregnant because they wanted them to maintain a certain image. 

@colliemom4

bd is still married.... now over fifty years.

it sounds like bette and joan were more alike than they ever cared to admit.

@sunshine45 Wow. I didn't know BD has been married for so long. I agree with you about Bette and Joan sounding alike.

Honored Contributor

I knew a lot of the JC stuff, but didn't know any of the stuff about BDavis, her kids, etc.   Yeah, it really sounds like those two women were a lot alike.  I wonder if maybe they didn't like themselves all that much, so they didn't like each other either.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

It's too bad the studio pitted them against each other

If they joined forces, they would have been very powerful.   At that time, women were not treated very well 

Honored Contributor

Re: FEUD - Davis & Crawford

[ Edited ]

I knew very little about the feud before this series.  I've only seen one, but it's fascinating!

My husband asked me what I was watching and I said, The Feud-it's about Joan Crawford and Bette Midler!  He started cracking up and said, oh you mean, Bette Davis????  Doh!