Honored Contributor

Faye Dunawsy looks great, and with make-up, she probably could have done the part, but I doubt she would have wanted to, been there, done that.

Honored Contributor

I think they're doing a good job and I plan to keep watching.   Both are such amazing actors, anyway.   I've been a fan of Jessica Lange for decades and Susan Sarandon is just so amazing, too.   I remember her in that movie where she played a nun going in to see the guy on death row (sorry about my messed up memory now - if I saw the name I'd recognize it but, aside from that, my memory is totally gone).

I remember some movies Jessica Lange did, when she was much younger and loved seeing her.  In one, she portrayed Patsy Cline.  There was another really good one where she was married to this guy in the service.  I should look them up.   There have been so many great acting pieces for her.  She is one of my favorites up there in the Meryl Streep category.

Also, Kathy Bates.  How great is she!  I could watch her in anything.

Sure, all the actors don't look exactly like who they are portraying and I do get the desire to see that, but it's unrealistic for the most part.  I don't think I've noticed Sarah Paulson yet.  She's another, for the younger generation, really excellent actor.   Love Tucci, too.

Honored Contributor

mousiegirl wrote:

Faye Dunawsy looks great, and with make-up, she probably could have done the part, but I doubt she would have wanted to, been there, done that.

ITA on both points.   She was truly amazing as Joan Crawford - just in every way.  But she's a lot older now, plus that she already did that I can see that she might have no desire to do it again.

Besides, Jessica Lange has been working in numerous Ryan Murphy projects over recent years.  I kind of like this new-ish thing of seeing the same group of really great actors playing so many completely different roles.

Honored Contributor

Sarah Paulson plays Geraldine Page, she is listed in 7 out of the 8 episodes, cant remember if she was on last week or not.

Honored Contributor

Shelbelle wrote:

Sarah Paulson plays Geraldine Page, she is listed in 7 out of the 8 episodes, cant remember if she was on last week or not.

Thank You for that info!  I don't think we've seen her yet but then I've watched E01 twice and am still having trouble remembering everything.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt Dead Man Walking might be the Sarandon movie you are referring to.

Esteemed Contributor

There has only been one episode so far, but I liked it.  We will see when episode two shows tonight.  I like both actresses in these roles and think Jessica and Susan were probably the only choice that could come close to portraying Joan and Bette. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: FEUD - Davis & Crawford

[ Edited ]

I may be the odd person out, lol, but I really like this series.  Just watched the 2nd episode.  I think Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange are doing great acting portraying these two icons.

Esteemed Contributor

@shell garden I thought the acting was much better in the second episode, too.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: FEUD - Davis & Crawford

[ Edited ]

I am hooked!  Finally something decent to watch and get my monies worth from cable.  I loved both these actress in their old flicks but I must admit Faye Dunaway did Joan Crawford like nobody's business.