Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I did not recall FX allowing such terrible language in the past, I was shocked!!

Me too! I don't know who that character man was getting the massage, but when he had that fit of rage...and shouted that c-word...OH MY!

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I did not recall FX allowing such terrible language in the past, I was shocked!!

@Shelbelle They have a warning about the language and violence before some of their shows. It seems like just about anything goes these days.

Honored Contributor

Re: FEUD - Davis & Crawford

[ Edited ]

That was Stanley Tucci as Jack Warner getting the massage, he was hysterical!! I always watched Rescue Me and N I P Tuck on FX years ago, very intense story lines, but the language was fairly tame, these shows also came with a warning, but not like last night. I thought that language was reserved for HBO and Showtime.  Yikes!!

Super Contributor

@newjersey Its scheduled to be replayed on Saturday night 3/11 at 10:30 P.M. if that helps.  It's also on several times after midnight.

Honored Contributor

Re: FEUD - Davis & Crawford

[ Edited ]

@newjersey wrote:

Does anyone know if these episodes will be repeated during daylight hours or just at night? Thanks.

Because of the rating TV-MA, this show will not be on during the day. I believe TV-MA shows can only be aired after 8 or 9 pm est...not exactly sure but I know it's late. @newjersey

That's for regular network tv.

Honored Contributor

I love Stanley Tucci, I have always had a bit of a crush on him.

I can deal with language but I am not a fan of that c word because of how it's used against women. But at least in this case it's in a fictional context.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

if you missed it and you have the ON DEMAND feature, episode one is up on on demand (at least on comcast.)

having watched shows like the sopranos, nurse jackie, sons of anarchy,  boardwalk empire, ******/tuck, i didnt find the language out of line for these types of shows. i am sure those ladies and  old hollywood were bawdy for sure.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

It seemed to me the language fit the occasion and the era. 

What's funny to me is the cigarette smoking.   You never see that on TV now.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

By the way....I've read that Marilyn Monroe had a fling with Joan. It may have been a one night stand. Anyone else annoyed by Joan's eyebrows last night? LOL. They just looked so weird.

I thought everything about Jessica Lange looked weird.  I don't feel that she looked all that much like Joan Crawford and I find her acting odd too.

I agree.

I don't care for SS but she did well as Bette. I thought JL was terrible. If I didn't know she was meant to be Joan Crawford, I could never have guessed.

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed it, and I'll keep watching. But I kept seeing Susan and Jessica, not Bette and Joan. 

I don't think I am supposed to be, but I'm sympathetic to Joan ... Bette is a little too overtly nasty. Except of course for her dressing room compliment. 

Happily, I DVR'ed Baby Jane on TCM the other day, and I'm looking forward to watching it again after having seen this show. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )