Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

I'm fascinated by old Hollywood.  I love the sets and the costumes. 

Jessica Lange really nails Joan Crawford's voice. 

She and Susan Sarandon are producers.  I'm always impressed with FX and their series.  I'm sure they will get an Emmy nod for their performances.

@Bri36  I thought Jessica's voice was nothing like Joans, as Joan's was much deeper.  I thought Faye Dunaway's voice in Mommy Dearest was right on.

Honored Contributor

@Bri36  Yes. It's just that I thought they could have done a better job on Jessica Lange's. They look so unnatrual. JMO. Love Jessica as an actress. She's very talented.

Honored Contributor

I didn't like Jessica's voice, as Joan's was much deeper, Faye Dunaway did it better in Mommy Dearest, but I thought Susan nailed Bette, voice and all.

Respected Contributor

Faye Dunaway was brilliant as Joan Crawford.  It was almost too realistic.  LOL

Honored Contributor

ITA that Faye Dunaway really killed it as Joan.

I haven't watched the episode yet, but now I'm looking forward to it more than ever.     I'm still catching up from about Thursday.  yikes!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I liked Judy Davis -- and the mini fridge in the bathroom.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

By the way....I've read that Marilyn Monroe had a fling with Joan. It may have been a one night stand. Anyone else annoyed by Joan's eyebrows last night? LOL. They just looked so weird.

I thought everything about Jessica Lange looked weird.  I don't feel that she looked all that much like Joan Crawford and I find her acting odd too.

Honored Contributor

I did not recall FX allowing such terrible language in the past, I was shocked!!

Honored Contributor

Stanley Tucci was excellent as Jack Warner. The ladies were

Kathy Bates as Joan Blondell

Sarah Paulson as Geraldine Page

Catherine Zeta Jones as Olivia deHavilland

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know if these episodes will be repeated during daylight hours or just at night? Thanks.