Honored Contributor

I was only 7 yo when the movie came out. Many of the characters in this series are unknown to me since I was too young to know them at that time. I liked the pilot very much. Lots of dialogue, with good acting  and the set was exceptional.

Honored Contributor

I have never even seen Baby Jane, I'm young enough that these old movies aren't well known to me. I know who some of the big movie stars were then and they seemed pretty fascinating. Honestly all I know about Joan Crawford is "no wire hangers". Read the book, saw the movie.

I watched Feud last night and I was riveted. Sarah Paulson was in it but I have no idea who she played. Or maybe she's in a future episode? 

I didn't recognize Catherine Zeta Jones immediately as a blonde either. Her dark hair brings out her beauty so much more imo. Jessica Lange's performance really stood out for me.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

Baby Jane terrified me.  It took me a few times to actually see the whole movie through from beginning to end.  LOL

How many episodes is this series? 

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

Baby Jane terrified me.  It took me a few times to actually see the whole movie through from beginning to end.  LOL

@Bri36,

Eight. That number is usually standard for a tv series.

Honored Contributor

Well. I missed it... fell asleep... hopefully they will play it again so I can catch it. I do not have a recorder.

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

@Bri36  I can not stand to watch the part where Joan Crawford opens up the cover over the dish with supposed her lunch under it and there is HER DEAD PARAKEET!!!   I want to cry as I know how I would feel... such a horrible thing that "Jane" did to her sister... can not think of much worse....

Honored Contributor

colliemom4 wrote:

Great show. I thought it would be because Ryan Murphy produced it. Although while watching I kept thinking about the book Mommy Dearest written by Joan's adopted daughter. There was also a movie based on the book. Anyone here read the book or see the movie? I read the book many years ago. 

Yes and yes!   I read the book many years ago and saw the movie a couple of times.    The odd part, for me, was that there were several characteristics of Crawford as a mother that reminded me of my so-called mother, so I feel confident that the things Christine said were true.   

Honored Contributor

By the way....I've read that Marilyn Monroe had a fling with Joan. It may have been a one night stand. Anyone else annoyed by Joan's eyebrows last night? LOL. They just looked so weird.

Respected Contributor

I'm fascinated by old Hollywood.  I love the sets and the costumes. 

Jessica Lange really nails Joan Crawford's voice. 

She and Susan Sarandon are producers.  I'm always impressed with FX and their series.  I'm sure they will get an Emmy nod for their performances.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

By the way....I've read that Marilyn Monroe had a fling with Joan. It may have been a one night stand. Anyone else annoyed by Joan's eyebrows last night? LOL. They just looked so weird.

The real Joan Crawford had very dark, thick eyebrows.