Honored Contributor

FETV LINE-UP OF VINTAGE CHRISTMAS SHOWS CHRISTMAS DAY

As far as I can tell, FETV (which is channel 323 on my Directv system) is sprinkling some Christmas episodes among their regular programming Christmas Day.

Examples:

7:30 a.m. Eastern.  The Lone Ranger.   "Christmas Story"

Never thought of "The Lone Ranger" as having Christmas episodes, but there you go!   I adore Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels.

8:30 a.m. Eastern.  Green Acres.  "An Old Fashioned Christmas".     Oliver runs into a snag when he makes plans for an old-fashioned Christmas.   Eddie Albert and Eva Gabor are a hilarious back-to-nature couple.

9:00 a.m. Eastern.  Father Knows Best.  "The Christmas Story".     Another show that is a television classic, about such a warm, funny, flawed and endearing family.  

9:30 a.m. Eastern.  Father Knows Best. "The Angel's Sweater"

10:00 a.m. Eastern.  Hazel.   "Hazel's Christmas Shopping"

Love Shirley Booth as Hazel too!

Well, you get the idea--  FETV has gotten into the Christmas spirit!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: FETV LINE-UP OF VINTAGE CHRISTMAS SHOWS CHRISTMAS DAY

Thanks for posting this! I'll have to pay more attention to the FETV schedule - I watch the old Perry Mason shows there (he's on METV too so I'm about Perry'd out lol)

I'll check it out Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Agreed, I sometimes do the double "Perry" thing with both MeTV and FETV too, @Happy2BHere!   I like to record some of the early shows that I've never seen-- have about 8 or 10 on tap right now...

FETV is great for things like the old Roger Moore series "The Saint" on weekends, "Designing Women",  "Sergeant Preston" (of the Yukon, ha), as well as the wonderful standbys like "Father Knows Best",  "Hazel" etc.  Thank goodness for FETV and MeTV!

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  - thanks for posting this line-up.   I love the Angel Sweater episode of Father Knows Best.     Hazel is another favorite comedy from the 60's.

Merry Christmas!

Honored Contributor

Merry Christmas to you too, @twinsister!  I don't think I've seen either of the "Father Knows Best" Christmas episodes, but I bet they're good.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Merry Christmas to you too, @twinsister!  I don't think I've seen either of the "Father Knows Best" Christmas episodes, but I bet they're good.

@Oznell  - I don't want to give away the storyline, but the Angel Sweater episode is part fantasy - that is all I'm saying - LOL!   

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

As far as I can tell, FETV (which is channel 323 on my Directv system) is sprinkling some Christmas episodes among their regular programming Christmas Day.

Examples:

7:30 a.m. Eastern.  The Lone Ranger.   "Christmas Story"

Never thought of "The Lone Ranger" as having Christmas episodes, but there you go!   I adore Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels.

8:30 a.m. Eastern.  Green Acres.  "An Old Fashioned Christmas".     Oliver runs into a snag when he makes plans for an old-fashioned Christmas.   Eddie Albert and Eva Gabor are a hilarious back-to-nature couple.

9:00 a.m. Eastern.  Father Knows Best.  "The Christmas Story".     Another show that is a television classic, about such a warm, funny, flawed and endearing family.  

9:30 a.m. Eastern.  Father Knows Best. "The Angel's Sweater"

10:00 a.m. Eastern.  Hazel.   "Hazel's Christmas Shopping"

Love Shirley Booth as Hazel too!

Well, you get the idea--  FETV has gotten into the Christmas spirit!

I have spectrum and antenna TV is doing the same thing.  I really enjoy the retro channels.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh, me too, @sunshine 919.  I'd have very little to watch without them...

Honored Contributor

d35edd18db4c45bdefad7e515fdbd829.jpg