Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: FELLOW STANWYCK FANS SUNDAY 10:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

I did, Holly.  In fact, I am glad you confirmed that it was William Frawley, who played Fred Mertz.  His part was amazingly brief.

I'd intended to check it out but forgot to. 

So pleased you posted.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell 

I caught a bit of this movie last night and was left thinking, "She needs to kick him to the curb....immediately!"

I like Barbara best when she plays a spitfire!  Got a kick out the conversation between she and Nancy D.

As I was really tired, I fell asleep thinking James Mason needed a good punch for sure (in my opinion).  

Honored Contributor

Oh, you're so right, @Witchy Woman ,  James Mason was a total drip in this.  Van Heflin (who's probably not everyone's idea of an 'exciting' leading man), on the other hand, was adorable!

Respected Contributor

I've watched this movie three times. It's one of my favorite Barbara Stanwyck films.

I love the beautiful clothes she wore - she was always so elegant and classy.

I was never a fan of James Mason. EVER. It was so easy to hate him in the movie, LOL!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

yes..... yes.... 

That was William Frawley. Bartender.

....  East Side - West Side

My husband remembers names with faces at..just about maybe close to 0.1%, if that.

He said, 'there's the house man in My Three Sons' 

No, no! That man was William Demarest with Fred Mac Murray.

Here again @Oznell ... earlier than thought.

We are doing the Master bedroom; new mattress topper, but no suggested 'jumbo sized' over the topper that was ordered sheet,  yet. I have a new set from Macy's that will work. I am not looking forward to what's under the bed.

But, I'm hearing teeny tiny dust bunnies.

Suppose this the day for that Rooma I bought in January of 2020. One heavy large (K) size to struggle and make peace with today. Definitely not into reorganizing anything, but had my husband fold his own clothes one hour ago, and he's never been the same.

Good! Now he knows. No magic woman swirling around here as thought.  Woman Very Happy Next, he'll learn how to operate the washing machine. A day at A ...........> t i m e.

One husband home today while it's raining. 

Valued Contributor

It's available through June 15th on the TCM app ~ that's how I do most of my watching.