Honored Contributor

Re: FEAR THE WALKING DEAD RETURNS TONIGHT, SUNDAY, MARATHON ON NOW

@Shogirl wrote:

Finally, an episode that everyone can understand and we don't have to think too hard about!  I give last night's episode a 10.  I enjoyed all of the discussions among the characters, especially when they paired up with each other in not the 'normal' pair ups.  So everyone is scattered to the four winds (haha, get it?) and surely some calamity will ensue next week. 

To dissect it a little, I fully understand why the characters have all gone separate ways.  It makes sense after everything that has happened to them.  I hope there is something that can pull them all together again.  I honestly thought I would really miss Madison and Nick, but I did not even think about them while I was watching it.  I heard the rumor that Morgan might haul everyone back to Alexandria, so what to my surprise that's exactly what he's trying to do.  I was disappointed that no one wants to go, but I also 'get' it.  I thought the producers might go for that ultimately and end up evolving back into one show - I guess we'll see if it actually happens.  From what the producer said on Talking Dead last night, it sounds like this group is going to flounder around for awhile.

I'm just glad the whole episode was done in 'real' time and not this back and forth stuff! 

@Shogirl  I was thinking, also, when Morgan said he was going back, that the two shows would merge at some point, and that Morgan will be leading now that Rick is gone, or take some form of leadership back home.

On Talking Dead, it was said that around four new characters will enter, and that people will pair up who normally wouldn't.  I certainly don't miss Nick, and Madison either, but long before Nick was killed, I didn't care for him as I did originally.  I don't like Charlie,  and don't trust her, she should feel guilty, she killed someone who was nothing but kind to her.

Honored Contributor

My thoughts:

*Charlie is a kid who has witnessed some horrible stuff but doesn't have the years of experience under belt (like an adult does) to assist her in dealing with it. The fact that she returned the book was her way of saying she was sorry. Being a child, she's going to cause adults to take risks to care for her....that's how we're wired (most people, at least). But this will also get others killed as we have seen....

*Liked the flashes of comic relief splashed here and there; very good.

* Morgan stating he is returning to Rick and Co. was a great way to throw viewers off; I don't believe that's going to happen....at least not now. Alicia threw it right back at him about leaving them all; bravo. They'll all go or none will; watch.

*I'm looking forward to the new group meeting up with them; their not young hotshots in fit shape. FAR more realistic of who there is in the world. 

Overall, the episode wasn't too bad.

Trusted Contributor

Time for an update since the last episode of the season was yesterday.  My number one question -

Was anyone else pulling their hair out and yelling at the TV over Morgan's obsession with the Crazy Woman????  I was like 'kill that B and put me out of my misery!!' 

I was disappointed that the group is not headed towards Alexandria because I actually thought this could benefit both series by coming together as one.  Maybe sometime in the future...  Sounds like the door will be open next season, though, for new storylines and people.  I have to say I really enjoyed the new actors this season much more than I thought I would. 

Next weekend it's onto TWD - YEAH!!!!

Trusted Contributor

BUMP

No comments from anyone?

Honored Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

BUMP

No comments from anyone?

@Shogirl  I really liked the finale.  I also was talking to the tv re Morgan and the lunatic, lol, could not understand his obsession about saving her after she killed so many innocent people.  He risked his life and those of the others by going after her.

I loved that he figured out beer would be the cure all for them, and brought it.  I don't know how he is still walking, he began the show limping with an injured leg, and ended it that way also, lol.

I like Al, and I liked Maggie on The Talking Dead.  I like June, but do not like her on TD as she never shuts up, and she admits to that.

I also like the truck driver woman, and I find I didn't miss any of the people no longer in the series.

Now, we psyche up for Sunday and The Walking Dead.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Shogirl wrote:

BUMP

No comments from anyone?

@Shogirl  I really liked the finale.  I also was talking to the tv re Morgan and the lunatic, lol, could not understand his obsession about saving her after she killed so many innocent people.  He risked his life and those of the others by going after her.

I loved that he figured out beer would be the cure all for them, and brought it.  I don't know how he is still walking, he began the show limping with an injured leg, and ended it that way also, lol.

I like Al, and I liked Maggie on The Talking Dead.  I like June, but do not like her on TD as she never shuts up, and she admits to that.

I also like the truck driver woman, and I find I didn't miss any of the people no longer in the series.

Now, we psyche up for Sunday and The Walking Dead.

@Shogirl  The Walking Dead marathon this week from the beginning, season 2 showing now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl  Watching the episodes with the Gov. right now.  (Walking Dead)

Looking forward to the new and (hopefully) improved Walking Dead season.

btw:  I never knew Fear was filmed in Texas, darn it.  I would have gone to the sets just to see Lennie James. 

See you Sunday!!!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh