Esteemed Contributor

Re: FAVORITE SHOW BIZ BIOGRAPHIES

[ Edited ]

Ray Charles as depicted by Jaime Foxx.  I enjoyed it thoroughly, although I wouldn't necessarily call it a biography.  It did delve into how he became blind and how he became successful.  

His stardom even made him a womanizer.....

See the source image

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Billie Holiday as depicted by Diana Ross in Lady Sings The Blues.  I have not seen Andra Day's depiction of her, but am sure Diana Ross did her life's story justice.  That movie starred Billy Dee Williams, Richard Pryor and others who were part of her inner circle.

See the source image

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
@gertrudecloset. My husband introduced me to Billie Holliday many moons ago. Love her music and listen to it all of the time. Diana Ross WAS Lady Holiday in Lady Sings the Blues. She nailed that role. I always wondered why she didn't become a big movie star after that. She certainly has the talent for it. ETA that Ray is wonderful too. And Jamie Fox certainly was great in his movie also. I am a country fan and the album that Willie Nelson did with Ray is a winner. Willie did a great record called Stardust covering many old standard songs. I have read Willie's books too. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

@Oznell Fun and interesting thread. Thanks for starting it!
Valued Contributor

@gertrudecloset  I love Diana's rendition of Good Morning Heartache.  She really did Billie justice with that one.  I play it all the time.  

Respected Contributor

"Call Me Anna"  by Patty Duke

Jotted down titles.  Love biographies, and the ones listed sound really good!

Respected Contributor

Wonderful Tonight - By Pattie Boyd & Penny Junor (paperback) : Target