Honored Contributor

Re: FANS OF FILM NOIR MASTERPIECE, "LAURA", WEDNESDAY ALERT!

@Judaline wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Hi @Judaline 

You are so kind to think of me.  

Luckily for me, this one is at the other end of the state, and I heard no one was hurt. Hope that stays true. 

It is "unsettling," to say the least, to experience being shaken by Mother Nature.

The other end of the state sure is a lucky thing. It's such a big state so I figured you were OK, but I am like a mother hen, I know. Just checking and very glad you're good to go. 

@Judaline wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Hi @Judaline 

You are so kind to think of me.  

Luckily for me, this one is at the other end of the state, and I heard no one was hurt. Hope that stays true. 

It is "unsettling," to say the least, to experience being shaken by Mother Nature.

The other end of the state sure is a lucky thing. It's such a big state so I figured you were OK, but I am like a mother hen, I know. Just checking and very glad you're good to go. 

ETA  OMgosh, it's one of my slow days. I just got your unsettling pun. Sad but funny!!!!

Respected Contributor

Laura is a spectacular movie.  Gene Tierney was so beautiful!

Honored Contributor

Oznell !

I already posted a comment but after seeing Laura once again I just wanted to add something about the settings/atmosphere.  I love her place, every room is furnished beautifully and it draws me in to the story line because it so fits. Just lovely!  I do feel the settings are that important to a movie.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell has there ever been anyone else as beautiful as Gene Tierney? !!!  this movie is an all-time fave.

Honored Contributor

@culebra+ @ms traditional --  She was, for sure, just a dream!

@spiderw, as usual your eagle eye is right on target. The set design for "Laura" has been much-remarked upon by critics, too.  Her apartment is the epitome of Forties' comfortable "luxe"-- it just hits all the right notes.  I agree that it greatly contributes to enjoyment of the film!

Respected Contributor

Robert Osborne who used to host on Turner Classic Movies prior to his passing stated a few times that he thought Gene Tierney was the most beautiful woman that had ever graced the silver screen.

Honored Contributor

Add me to the list.  I think Laura was the epitome of film noir. The music, the story, and the glorious beauty of Gene Tierney (who my mother very much resembled) is part of my psyche.  I named my third daughter Laura, and her friends have always called her “Lovely Laura.”  I also get very melancholy when I hear that unforgettable music.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986