Respected Contributor

It's the 40th anniversary of the movie FAME.  I loved the it and the spin-off TV show.  Some "stars" emerged from it, while others had tragic ends. 

There is an interesting article on YAHOO about the movie and reunion.  There are a number of (enjoyable) clips.

FAME

Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

It's the 40th anniversary of the movie FAME.  I loved the it and the spin-off TV show.  Some "stars" emerged from it, while others had tragic ends. 

There is an interesting article on YAHOO about the movie and reunion.  There are a number of (enjoyable) clips.

FAME

@lulu1 

Hard to believe it's been 40 years.  I loved the movie and the show and had the album.  Thanks for the link. 

Esteemed Contributor
Just seeing that word was enough to get me to start singing the song!

Agreed - great movie AND TV show.
Honored Contributor

"I Sing The Body Electric..."  Heart

Trusted Contributor

I just watched the Broadway show of it on BroadwayHD and it was HORRIBLE! I don't know why they even named it that. They didn't use any of the wonderful songs, even though the music was by the same writers. The character names were different, with the closest being Taylor Jackson, who you knew was Leroy Johnson.The "Doris" character made goofy faces and none of the songs had any happiness at all. I realized that I truly did not have to finish it, so I didn't. The movie was wonderful and I saw it many times. 

Oh - and they even referred to the movie in the play - for example, "If you enrolled in this school so you could go out in the street and dance on cars, you are in the wrong place." Sadly, so was I. I am glad I didn't have to pay to see it.