Honored Contributor

@Somertime 

I just watched that episode last night -- the one where they were installing the elevator.  It seemed rather like the tube that is used at the drive through at the bank!  What messes that her husband has had to go through.  He is really a jack of all trades!  And he is not exactly a spring chicken either!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego 

Six seasons???  Where did they all go?  I can't find any besides the 4 episodes I just watched on HGTV.  I'd love to see them all!  Yes, they said they paid something like a little under $400,000 for the home and property, which even though very run down, I did not think was a bad price!  However --- absolutely every system in the home had to be done over and pretty much everything was a wreck!  Not to mention, even though the husband is very handy, he is not able to do all the work himself and you will see in the episodes lots of people doing all kinds of things.  This would involve lots of $$$$!  Of course, they get paid for doing the show, so this helps a great deal!  They obviously are not paupers or they would not be able to do all of this!  And the wife --- she certainly has big ideas -- and lots of them!  

Honored Contributor

@candyagain 

This show is such a treat!  I am fascinated by old world buildings, properties and items, and I love seeing things about England and France! The wife is terribly clever with all her decorating and crafy ideas, even though many are really out there!  The husband is so very good at all types of renovating and coming up with problem solving ideas --- and he is a cook, to boot!  I love that the generations of families, both sides, are all included!  Wonderful!  Like a storybook come to life!  

Honored Contributor

I have been liking this show since its been on HGTV. I follow them on Instagram now too. I saw a holiday espisode last week on PBS which was an older episode than the ones on HGTV. They are both very talented!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego 

It's so fascinating and like a fairytale!  I could never handle all of that but they both seem full of energy and ideas!  I believe there has to be way more money in the mix than they had said.  I think it was said there are 5 floors, 45 rooms, several buldings, a moat or small lake, and several acres.  With this kind of property --- it would take a massive amount of $$$$. I agree --- it would be lovely to stay there for a couple of days!!!  

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 

That hair, is quite something!  She is very unique and cute in her own special way!  I think they seem to get on so well.  He laughs quite a lot and seems to have a great sense of humor -- which probably got him through all of that!  

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs 

I don't go on instagram.  Was there anything new or noteworthy that you could post?  I am charmed by this show and this couple and the home and all their antics!  

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  From what I gather from this thread, HGTV must have bought the rights for the show and plans to release them one by one.  Since they are selling commercials, it's probably not in their interest to release them all at once. I honestly didn't realize it was so old.  Seems a little odd that they are doing this, but maybe this was a way for them to get "new" (to them) programming during Covid? (Even though I watch, I don't care enough to search LOL)

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego 

O.K.  Thank you!! 

Super Contributor

My husband and I have been watching it on HGTV and love it! Our hats are off to the Strawbridges for the massive undertaking they took to restore this beautiful chateau. My husband and I would have walked back out the front door after seeing the original condition of it.