Honored Contributor

Re: Erin Napier of Home Town

This is a couple living a public life & she chooses to keep a pregnancy a secret?

I'm not on IG or anything other than FB but from what I understand she's very active on social media but feels the need to keep this a secret.   I don't get. it.

Wonder what other secrets they have.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

This is a couple living a public life & she chooses to keep a pregnancy a secret?

I'm not on IG or anything other than FB but from what I understand she's very active on social media but feels the need to keep this a secret.   I don't get. it.

@software  I think people were making fun of her daughter. Since then she's only showed the back of her head on social media. At least this is what I understand. Why show her at all? I really don't get the secret either.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think it was so much as a secret as it was to announce it with this particular show which was most likely filmed last October or November.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

Helen was shown on the show that aired last Sunday. I cannot fathom why anyone woud make fun of a child. However she is a perfectly adorable little girl. 

Respected Contributor

I love the show and especially Erin! I sooooo envy, and want her haircut, but it would never work with my hair- I love their style of Reno and the show is a fave of mine too-

How nice they are expanding the family. I recently saw them do a commercial, IT product.  I guess already cashing in on the fame.

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

Helen was shown on the show that aired last Sunday. I cannot fathom why anyone woud make fun of a child. However she is a perfectly adorable little girl. 

Unfortunately that's how some people on social media are. They'll say anything. I guess that's one of the downsides of fame, you are on the receiving end of this type of thing.

I watch another show and people were making the worst comments about a child on it on social media. Not about her looks but saying she was trash that should have never been born etc.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@software wrote:

@software  I think people were making fun of her daughter. Since then she's only showed the back of her head on social media. At least this is what I understand. Why show her at all? I really don't get the secret either.

Keeping the child's identity private is not a bad thing, making fun of a child IS a bad thing.  I remember when she was born, she looked exactly like her dad. Maybe the parents took that as "making fun"

Esteemed Contributor

They have a store like Chip and Joanna Gaines.

Esteemed Contributor

This is one of my favorite shows on HGTV. I am so much of a fan that I also belong to their FB group. Which I do not do for any of the other shows that I enjoy. However, people need to learn where to draw the line. it's a television show and neither the town nor this couple belong to us, which seems to be how some people view them. 

I personally wonder how much longer they are going to do the show. Hometown has been great for the town of Laurel, basically helping to revive a dying town but some of the fans are just getting ridiculous.

People come in from out of town and will go to the homes of the people who have their homes remodeled and ask for a tour of the home. This is not a one and done, it seems to happen frequently. One Laurel family came home and out of town foks were just sitting on their front porch as if they lived their. Just last week I read where some fans had found out the location of Bens and Erins home and were sitting out front taking pictures of them in the home. 

I do not understand people who say that because they are in the public realm this type of behavior is allowed. No, people it's not. This is not acceptable behavior at all.  

Honored Contributor

@icezeus  That's definitely taking things too far. It sounds like they need some type of security person or sytem though they may have one?