Honored Contributor

Erica Jayne form Real houswives Beverly Hills

She's filed for divorce from her husband (Tom Girardi) after 21  years.  According from U.S. News

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/rhobhs-erika-jayne-files-for-divorce-from-tom-girardi...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Erica Jayne form Real houswives Beverly Hills

Wonder if she is divorcing because she doesn’t need his money anymore or doesn’t want to be involved with his legal troubles. Or maybe the marriage just ran it’s course.

I can’t imagine what they had in common. They never really seemed to have any chemistry between them. 

Honored Contributor

I think it was a marriage of convenience. She put in her 20 years and will make out well and move onto greener pastures. She sure spent a lot of time jollying him along and doesn't want to be a nursemaid for the rest of his life as he's aging. 

Honored Contributor

If it's 21 years, she must have been very young marrying him....

Respected Contributor

@songbird 

Sad when a marriage ends, however, I cannot say this comes as a surprise. 

No fan of hers or ruthless rinna for that matter. Sad nonetheless. 

I hope Tom - UPGRADES.

Esteemed Contributor

Hmmm, I wonder if there's any chance he's the one who wants out but is letting it appear the opposite. She's pretty raunchy the way she behaves and the way she dresses and her mouth can be pretty truck driverish, not to mention some of the photos she's posted of herself. Worst example of that I can think of is when she was butt naked bending over a table.......lol. 

All in all that could become an embarrasment to him in his position.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not  surprised, as I remember someone saying one of the RHOBH is filing for divorce soon, and I thought then it was either Rinna or Erika.......Also I am not surprised because I think Erika thinks she is really something now and she has been like this for a while. All about me!

I think all along this has been a marriage of convenience, I mean he was a rich older man, and she was a penniless dancer with big dreams. He got the Arm Candy, and she got the Sugar Daddy.I am sure she is fond of him and wishes him the best, but she does not seem to be "in love" with him to me...    

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I am not too surprised, as I remember someone saying one of the RHOBH is filing for divorce soon, and I thought then it was either Rinna or Erika.......Also I am not too surprised because I think Erika thinks she is really something-she has been like this for a while now.

I think all along this has been a marriage of convenience, I mean he was a rich older man, and she was a penniless dancer with big dreams. He got the Arm Candy, and she got the Sugar Daddy.I am sure she is fond of him and wishes him the best, but she does not seem to be "in love" with him to me...    

@CANDLEQUEEN ,

Agree 100%...it always looked like a father with his daughter.

In a nut shell..she no longer needs him. She has her own career and money...she no longer depends on him financially and wants out.

I'm sure she will say they grew apart.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I am not too surprised, as I remember someone saying one of the RHOBH is filing for divorce soon, and I thought then it was either Rinna or Erika.......Also I am not too surprised because I think Erika thinks she is really something-she has been like this for a while now.

@CANDLEQUEEN ,

Agree 100%...it always looked like a father with his daughter.

In a nut shell..she no longer needs him. She has her own career and money...she no longer depends on him financially and wants out.

I'm sure she will say they grew apart.

@DREAMON  I also see where Julianne Hough and Christina Anstead both filed for divorce as well........Wow!

Honored Contributor

I was trying to find out if her husband Tom had any children.  I couldn't find out if he did for sure (which seems weird).

But he was married two other times before he married Erika.

Maybe she found out he was leaving money to someone other than her.  There's some kind of voo doo people always say divorces happen to the women on reality and most especially these real housewives shows.

Every now and then (I think just to show viewers that he did exist and was still live) show up for a second or two.  They showed him hugging her and saying he was proud of her being on Broadway.

I saw where he's 81.  It seems like she could have held on a little longer that she'd 'get it all'.  I have to think he wanted the divorce.  Perhaps she found someone in New York while practicing for the show there.

Who knows?  I am surprised at myself though that I find it interesting that they are getting a divorce.  Normally, I say "who cares and who really knows".  With this story I'd really like to know and not just what Google decides I need to know.  Ugh!