Valued Contributor

Eric Bareden-Y&R - Is there a plot to pretend Victor is dead when he is not?

I missed a few days of the show (2 or 3) and just don't  believe that Victor is dead and wonder what is going on with this story line.  Share the insight or answer please and who set this up and for what purpose?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Eric Bareden-Y&R - Is there a plot to pretend Victor is dead when he is not?

My friend and I were talking about this today and we think Victor may not be dead but trying to flush out Adam.

You can go to CBS.com and pull up past episodes that you might have missed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Eric Bareden-Y&R - Is there a plot to pretend Victor is dead when he is not?

We'd have heard it the actor was leaving the show. I think Victor is alive and I think Nikki and Nate are in on the plan.

Honored Contributor

NO, Victor is not dead and NO, he is not leaving the show!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Remember back in early Summer Eric Baredon he said "Victor is sick, Eric Braeden is NOT SICK".  

But I went looking and just found this:https://www.tvguide.com/news/eric-braeden-leave-1011007/

Braeden walked off the set in September over a contract dispute with Sony, which wanted the actor to take a pay cut. Braeden, instead, decided to exit.

The 68-year-old Emmy winner, who reportedly was pulling in a seven-figure salary, says he has since counter-offered to take a "substantial" pay cut on the top of a voluntary 10 percent reduction he took two years ago, but the production company did not accept.

"We reached an impasse in the negotiations," Braeden told EW. "I have shown flexibility, they have shown none ... That's a sign of utter disrespect. I will not negotiate with people who remain aloof and arrogant about the whole thing. Not after 30 years, I won't do that."

So there you go people.  There you go!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

the article you posted is from 2009!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I posted September 2019.  I've got 3 things going at once.  I just got a red thing that said "read only ".  What's going on?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I posted September 2019.  I've got 3 things going at once.  I just got a red thing that said "read only ".  What's going on?

i dont know, but the article in your post is from october of 2009.

eric braden is currently NOT in a contract dispute.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I apologize!  I just had to dump what I'd posted and close everything out and start again.  My computer is jumping around like crazy.

OK, I found this:

The Young and the Restless (Y&R) spoilers tease that Victor Newman’s (Eric Braeden) death will leave all of Genoa City in shock. As Adam Newman (Mark Grossman) has mentioned, Victor is seemingly invincible. No one in GC expected this kind of blow, so it’ll leave many of the town’s residents with some reflecting to do. Everyone will struggle to believe Victor is really gone.

Of course, Victor is indeed gone – he’s just not dead! Some longtime Y&R fans are freaking out at the thought of losing this beloved character, but

there’s no need to panic. We all know things are often not as they seem on the CBS soap. This is actually a sneaky scheme that’ll bring an explosive payoff in the end.

If you’re still in doubt and in need of reassurance, look no further than the words of Victor’s portrayer himself. Eric Braeden recently took to Twitter and attempted to quiet his fans’ concerns. When one viewer threatened to quit watching along with his wife, Braeden made it clear that he wasn’t going anywhere. He tweeted, “No intention of leaving!!!”

Although he couldn’t give any details on this wild plan that’s in motion, Braeden did confirm that some intriguing material’s in store. He said, “Keep watching!! Gets interesting!” In fact, “just keep watching” was the theme of several replies following the airing of Victor’s death episode in Canada. The Young and the Restless spoilers say you can catch that episode in the U.S. on Monday, September 16.

Braeden even corrected a fan who argued that he’s left the show many times to pursue other projects and always comes back. It’s true that Braeden’s taken extended hiatuses, but he’s never formally stepped away according to his comment. He tweeted, “I have actually never left, just for the record!”

Braeden isn’t leaving this time either, so keep that in mind as you watch the somber scenes during the week of September 16-20. There’s light at the end of the tunnel! The Young and the Restless fans just have to be patient and enjoy the bumpy ride. We’ll give you updates as other Y&R news comes in. Stay tuned to the CBS soap and don’t forget to check CDL often for the latest Young and the Restless spoilers, updates and news.

OK, so this :https://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2019/the-young-and-the-restless-spoilers-eric-braeden-speaks-out-o...

GIVES the DATE of 2019.  This is what I meant to post.  My computer jumped to some other page. 

I apologize.  If this is wrong, I give up!  My computer is old but I love it.  It is really going wonky.

My son-in-law bought me a fancy new one a few months ago (it was touch and bla bla).  I gave it back to him and he sent it to my daughter in Florida....she loves it...whatever.

I do apologize people!  Ha!  Sometimes it gets tedius copying things.  I always try to give credit to the place I copied from.  Sometimes it's quicker to just re-type the entire thing than to try to copy it.

Thanks for the heads up.  

Well, Victor isn't going anywhere.  It's funny to read some of what people posted about "if Victor leaves the show".  

That's exactly how I feel.  I feel like I've put up with some of the junk they've put on the air (we all have) but if Victor goes, it will be terrible (in my opinion).

It's been stupid and boring anyway.  I'm sick of Lola and pretty boy and some of the other stuff.  I always enjoyed the one upmanship between Victor and Jack.  I enjoyed so many of the old story lines.

Here we go again.....

Esteemed Contributor

Yes and Eric Braeden's current age is 78.