Honored Contributor

Enjoyed viewing Making the Cut

Making the Cut is the new version of Project Runway.  It's hosted by Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn.  I just watched the first complete season.  Although the designer I liked didn't win the finale (she came in second)  I enjoyed the whole series.  It's on Amazon.  I was very disappointed in the new revamped Project Runway.  I really disliked the host and also disliked some of the judges.  So I skipped and watched out for Making The Cut.  The new format is a little different then Project Runway.  More emphasis was on designing the clothes rather then making them.  Also they wanted someone with superior marketing skills.  In other words, not only creating winning clothes, but be the new brand in fashion.  Winning clothes were put up on Amazon.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Enjoyed viewing Making the Cut

@songbird  I've seen several commercials for it, but thought it was going to be Project Runway 2.0, so I've yet to watch it. You make it sound interesting though, so I am going to watch an episode this evening.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

I also really enjoyed this show.  I'm a fan of PR, but I liked that this show was different in many ways.  I expressed my views in another thread so don't want to repeat, but I think anyone that likes fashion should give this show a shot.  I think it's a more upscale version of PR and worth watching if you like this type of show.  

Super Contributor

I enjoyed Making the Cut too.  Some people on another forum complained about the blaring music, but I enjoyed it actually.  It was cool and I got to hear music I don't hear on mainstream radio - since I am an old person (over 50) - I don't stream music.  The final three designers were the best ones there.  Naomi Campbell was outspoken and I liked it! 

Honored Contributor

@Little Way wrote:

I enjoyed Making the Cut too.  Some people on another forum complained about the blaring music, but I enjoyed it actually.  It was cool and I got to hear music I don't hear on mainstream radio - since I am an old person (over 50) - I don't stream music.  The final three designers were the best ones there.  Naomi Campbell was outspoken and I liked it! 

Naomi cambell made the show!  She;s amazing!