Honored Contributor

I'm really enjoying this show.

and have you seen on Prime,  Missing?  Really good.

Honored Contributor

Missing is an oldie but goodie.  I think that series ran around 2014 either on Masterpiece Theater or BBC.  It's excellent.  Spans several years.

I was getting ready to quit The Enemy Within.  I was getting bored.  Now that they did the back story last week, will try to finish out season 1.  Will see....

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

So unpredictable and I was ready for some back story. Still watching. Kinda reminds me of show 'Americans' with the twists and turns and not knowing who to root for. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Erica is hard to get a read on, I can't tell if she is good or bad!

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 , @qualitygal , @jeanlake , @Mz iMac   Are you guys still watching this?  I taped them from the beginning and just got up to date on it.  I like it, but maybe it is easier when you can FF through the commercials. 

I think that Erica and Keaton are going to end up a "thing" even if it is just a super close kinship, friendship, I am not sure.  I haven't heard if this show has been renewed or not, but I will watch if it is......at least tape and watch LOL. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Enemy within

[ Edited ]

I'd been watching this...

It's a cross between The Americans and Homeland. 

There are no "good and bad guys" in intelligence. They often do stuff we're better off not knowing about.  In general, people have good and bad mixed in. There are grey areas.

Carrie vs. Erica? Carrie was crazy and did some questionable stuff, but in the end, her motives were in the right place. Crazy or not, she was no traitor and I would find myself rooting for her. Clare Danes is an amazing actor. Erica is weird to get a read on. Her daughter is the one thing in her life that humanizes her.  Other than that, she can rot. But I still get drawn into the story.

You should try Berlin Station.

Super Contributor

Girl, I've caught it here and there, but I just can't seem to ever stay up to watch that it or the Marsha Clark series 'the Fix'....so it looks like I will have to catch them when they come on Netflix....that's how I got into 'Designated Survivor' and "the Colony" - I just didn't have time when they were on network TV, but absolutely love binge watching them on Netflix.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Jordan2 , @qualitygal , @jeanlake , @Mz iMac   Are you guys still watching this?  I taped them from the beginning and just got up to date on it.  I like it, but maybe it is easier when you can FF through the commercials. 

I think that Erica and Keaton are going to end up a "thing" even if it is just a super close kinship, friendship, I am not sure.  I haven't heard if this show has been renewed or not, but I will watch if it is......at least tape and watch LOL. 

@tends2dogs  I’m still watching, two more episodes to go. That Erica, she really keeps you guessing!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I really like this show. Erica was a good woman but when her daughter was taken, she did what a Mother would do. She is doing everything to get Tal so her daughter will be safe.

Honored Contributor

I have to take issue with the premise that any mother would sacrifice four people to save her daughter's life.  Overly simplistic.  Outcome was not guaranteed.  There is always another solution, she should have gone to superiors.