Trusted Contributor

Ending of last night's The Rookies?

For some reason, here in Oregon, the last 12 minutes of the Rookies last night did not air.  The screen froze snd never moved until after 11 p.m.

How did it end?  Detective Lopez was going to talk to her brother Benjamin's loan shark, about $100K he owed.  Policeman Tim was having spinal surgery.  Unsure if another plot point happened.

Respected Contributor

Re: Ending of last night's The Rookies?

[ Edited ]

Salient points are, the surgery went fine (they said but didn't show it). Tim's GF left him, didn't want to worry about him like she did her dad, and the loanshark asst. who hit Lopez's mom was arrested. The Lopez family had a nice faily dinner at the end.

Respected Contributor

i missed a few of the last mins. too, i remember tim came thru surgery ok and his fiance broke up with him because it reminded her of waiting for her father(who was a cop) every day. she just couldn't go there again. Lucy can't wait to help him pick up the pieces-JMO.

John's firefighter girlfriend asked him to marry her. he said yes.

i can't remember about the loans shark business....

Respected Contributor

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about her proposing to John. Maybe because I don't see that happening. We'll see.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks all of you...that's funny...she proposed to John?!

Respected Contributor

Yes she sure did! The last scene they were sitting on the couch and she popped the question.

Valued Contributor

@Desi wrote:

Yes she sure did! The last scene they were sitting on the couch and she popped the question.

Bailey said after this last near death experience she decided to proposal to John instead of wait for him to propose.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks, I couldn't remember why she was inspired to propose, but she went for it!