Honored Contributor

Endeavour season 7

[ Edited ]

Season 6 starts tonight at 9:00PM  EST   It will be 4 episodes.  Those following may remember that a young detective was murdered at the end of season 5. This was part of a long story arc that will accumulate in season 6.  Among the new characters added will be Inspector Brights wife, a character referred to in the past, but never seen. 

This has already been shown in the UK.  Anyway, they have announced that season 7 will start shooting this summer.  It will probably be shown in early 2020 in the UK, and later in the Summer in the U.S. It most probably will be 4 episodes also.  Time wise it will set in 1970. This will also be available in DVD, but remember Masterpiece Theatre always cuts it's British shows.  So as much as 12 minutes may be cut in tonight's showing.  Hopefully it won't mess up the continuity too much.

Honored Contributor

I am all set for Endeavour and it automatically is set on my DVR for this season.  

It's OK Masterpiece Theater cuts its British shows, I still love every series and have since the seventies including the Mysteries.  Over all these years I have been entertained by excellence in acting, settings and superb stories.  Rarely disappointing , always entertaining, Masterpiece Theater and Mysteries are my favorite TV fare!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Is there any reason why there are only four episodes? Is that the British way of doing things? I started watching the Midsomer series, starting with Season 1, and notice that there are a short number of episodes (so far) for each season.

However, the Murdoch Mysteries have many episodes each season.

Perhaps Endeavour does more seasons in a year like the United States seems to be doing. For instance, Dancing with the Starts used to be once a year, and the past few years they have been have Season (whichever number) in the Fall, and then the next Season (the following season number) in the Spring. 

Is that how Endeavour does it?

Regular Contributor

Murdoch Mysteries is a Canadian show.   Maybe that has something to do with the number of shows shot.  

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Is there any reason why there are only four episodes? Is that the British way of doing things? I started watching the Midsomer series, starting with Season 1, and notice that there are a short number of episodes (so far) for each season.

However, the Murdoch Mysteries have many episodes each season.

Perhaps Endeavour does more seasons in a year like the United States seems to be doing. For instance, Dancing with the Starts used to be once a year, and the past few years they have been have Season (whichever number) in the Fall, and then the next Season (the following season number) in the Spring. 

Is that how Endeavour does it?

Endeavour normally does 4 movie length shows a season.  That's a lot of acting!  This is a rehearsed drama, not the cheap, quick reality shows that are flooding American TV's. Season 5 was an exception.  They did 6 episodes.  But it was difficult to shoot.  Other actors had conflict with other shows they were contracted to do. Plus they had shoot in a certain period of time, and it was very tiring.  So they reverted back to 4 episodes. These are long episodes, over 2 hours in length.  Each TV show is different in length and how many episodes are done.  Either in the UK, the U.S. or Canada or where ever any show is produced.

Respected Contributor

I’m an old Morse fan from way back. Enjoyed Lewis and love Endeavor. 

I’ve been looking forward to the new series since the last one finished. The two leads have grown on me.

I know Roger Alam is leaving—-I’ll miss him. 

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

I’ve been looking forward to the new series since the last one finished. The two leads have grown on me.

Didnt know about Roger.....going to miss him too!  Probably will be killedd off....nah!  People would get mad.  He'll reconcile with Winnie and get his retiremement money back!

Valued Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@IMW wrote:

Didnt know about Roger.....going to miss him too!  Probably will be killedd off....nah!  People would get mad.  He'll reconcile with Winnie and get his retiremement money back!

---

Oh, no! I hadn't heard/read this about  Roger Allam. Has this been confirmed?

I couldn't find anything about this in a quick Google search.