Honored Contributor

Endeavour season 6 concluded tonight

Season 6 of Endeavour has concluded tonight in the UK.  It will be returning to the U.S. this summer.  

Season 7 was confirmed but has not started filming yet.  Although Endeavour is always shown in the UK first, Victoria, which is ending it's 3rd season in the U.S, has not been shown in the U.K.  yet!  The fans in the UK are a bit upset about this.  This is the first time the U.S. got this season of ITV before the Brits.  So we shouldn't complain about this.  Hoping season 4 or Victoria will be shown first too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Endeavour season 6 concluded tonight

I am looking forward to another season of Endeavor, always an excellent series.  I can understand the Brits wanting to be the first to see all the series but just as long as we ALL get a chance to watch great TV, no matter when, I am happy!

Honored Contributor

I saw it and am astonished how powerful and moving it was.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

we just worked our way thru Morse and working on Lewis,

even tho I saw 98 % of them before,  

I just couldn't warm up to Endeavour not sure why, maybe will try again  Have such a soft spot of John Thaw's Morse maybe 

ETA and even more for hathaway

and I think Kevin Whatleys performance of Lewis is really wonderful after watching Morse then Lewis,  how they grew the character from young policeman to mature Inspector 

Valued Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

we just worked our way thru Morse and working on Lewis,

even tho I saw 98 % of them before,  

I just couldn't warm up to Endeavour not sure why, maybe will try again  Have such a soft spot of John Thaw's Morse maybe 

ETA and even more for hathaway

and I think Kevin Whatleys performance of Lewis is really wonderful after watching Morse then Lewis,  how they grew the character from young policeman to mature Inspector 

---

In recent months, I have watched the entire Morse and Lewis series, and Endeavour through season 5.

I am in total agreement with you as to Kevin Whatley's portrayal of Lewis, and I love how the two series flow together as pieces of the same story.

I enjoy Endeavour,  yet I do not feel the same "affection" for the younger Morse as I had for John Thaw's Morse. Whether it is because of the actor or the writers, I can't really make the connection that this is supposed to be the same person. It just hasn't worked for me in that way, although I appreciate that the writers occasionally throw in an allusion of sorts to an incident previously mentioned in the Morse series. 

It is Roger Allam's character, Thursday, that has become interesting to me in Endeavour.