Honored Contributor

Endeavor last episode tonight!

[ Edited ]

If you have youtube tv you can watch it liveSmiley Happy

Can't wait and then will have to watch them all over again, and  again!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Endeavor last episode tonight!

I will miss Endeavor, one of Masterpiece Mysteries best, TV excellence !

Respected Contributor

@on the bay I saw the very last episode and have very mixed emotions.

It seems the finale is just that; there will be no further relationship for the characters and that made me so sad.

I also teared up during Endeavor's "dream" of what he wanted to say to Joan. Why didn't he?? 

I will miss this show, the superb actors and beloved characterss.

Respected Contributor

Absolutely the best.  They explained why these characters so formative for the young Morse in "Endeavour" did not appear in the original Morse series.  

Loved the final scenes; Shaun Evans and all were superb.  I will re-watch this with more attention to detail sometime soon.  The tie-in with John Thaw's Morse right at the end was wonderful, music was heart-wrenching and beautiful.  Sigh..........

Respected Contributor

Fabulous finale. Respected the viewers by connecting Endeavor with Morse. The acting and writing were superb. I had tears in my eyes. Such an excellent series. So very sad to see it end. I've watched every episode for 36 years.

Honored Contributor

Our revels now are ended

I loved this at the end, huge fan of Anton Lesser and Roger Allam, I think Thursday is his finest role 

Honored Contributor

@DSD2 wrote:

@on the bay I saw the very last episode and have very mixed emotions.

It seems the finale is just that; there will be no further relationship for the characters and that made me so sad.

I also teared up during Endeavor's "dream" of what he wanted to say to Joan. Why didn't he?? 

I will miss this show, the superb actors and beloved characterss.

that is Morse's flaw and drives the story

Honored Contributor

SPOILERS-

@DSD2,

I had lots of mixed feelings too and found it very sad. I didn't understand the gunshot at the end.  Did he kill Thursdays enemy or just scare birds.

I kind of found it not very fulfilling or good about the ending. But it seems they were all very happy with it.

I watched the actors feelings after that. The producer loved it and thought the Blenweit or whatever was brilliant. I could never quite follow what was going on there after season 7.

I did think Endeavor and Thursday were as always spectacular in this last episode.Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I thought it well done in spite of the PBS editing. I don't watch the interviews afterwards. For me, it diminishes the experience. 

Honored Contributor

I think it was a perfect ending.  They answered all the questions, tied up the cases, move the characters forward in manner that was realistic for those characters.  I'm sorry to see the show end but I was pleased with the finale.