Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the heads up, DVR set

Esteemed Contributor

I saw this when I was a child and was fascinated, loved the cottage! ive seen it have seen it since and loved the theme!😍

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

For anyone interested, TCM is airing The Enchanted Cottage today at 12 p.m. eastern time. Stars Robert Young and Dorothy McGuire. Also has Spring Byington, Mildred Natwick and Herbert Marshall. It's a really good love story.

Thanks for the heads up  This is such a sweet movie.  I believe Dorothy McGuire said this was her favoritePoor Robert Young.  Too bad he had times mentally.  I remember the girl who played Kathy said in an interview that Robert Young was the only positive father figure she had in her life.  She had a tough childhood.

Respected Contributor

Wonderful movie! I enjoyed it again today.

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

I never saw this.  It sounds good.  I'd watch it but we don't get TCM as one of our cable channels.  We have to pay extra for it.  Darn it!

I'd pay extra for it. don't want to lose sight of good old movies. Don't need closed caption on the oldy films like you do these new ones.

Frequent Contributor

Wonderful film. One of my favorites!

Respected Contributor

Same here.

Honored Contributor

@TexasMom1 wrote:

Count me in as one who loves this movie! Loved Herbert Marshall and Dorothy McGuire as well as the superb undervalued actor, Robert Young! He never got the recognition nor the roles he truly deserved. He could play any type of role and put his unique stamp on it 

One of my favorites was "Lady Be Good"...watch for that movie he starred with Ann Sothern....great supporting cast in that one... Eleanor Powell, Red Skelton among others)...

I read that Herbert Marshall had lost his leg during World War I and wearing an artificial  leg never kept him from taking on excellent roles.  He had such a wonderful voice to listen to, so strong and deep (don't know if that is the word for it). 

Of course my DVR is all set! Enjoy this lovely movie! 

Yes, one of my favorite "voices". Beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

I never saw this.  It sounds good.  I'd watch it but we don't get TCM as one of our cable channels.  We have to pay extra for it.  Darn it!

I'd pay extra for it. don't want to lose sight of good old movies. Don't need closed caption on the oldy films like you do these new ones.

Yes, why is that anyway??

Trusted Contributor

I love that movie!..I also love Herbert Marshall...so handsome!

Jessa