Esteemed Contributor

Re: Empire and Update on Smollett Status

@Tique wrote:

@songbird wrote:

He still has to deal with a lawsuit against him by the alleged perpetrators.   The two guys from Kenya.  

The lawsuit is against Mr. Smollett's legal team - not him.

I believe there's another lawsuit by the police department.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
It was also reported that he gets paid even though he won’t be in the show. Who says crime does not pay?

Has nothing to do w/crime if he is still under contract, yes the station still has to pay him.   I don't know if he has a 5 or 7 yr standard contract.  Otherwise, they will have to pay out/buy out the balance of his contract, guilty, innocent or not guilty.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Empire starts soon. We will finally see who's in the coffin, they dragged it out a whole season!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

Empire starts soon. We will finally see who's in the coffin, they dragged it out a whole season!

Whoop, there it is.

Honored Contributor

I nailed it!!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I nailed it!!

As soon as I saw it I said @Mz iMac nailed it!!!!!! I felt so sorry for him though, with his crazy mother, and a father that seemed too busy, and the other son telling him he wasn't family, he just felt like no-one cared about him. It was pretty sad to me. His mother was a piece of work!!!!!! Good Finale though! 

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
It was also reported that he gets paid even though he won’t be in the show. Who says crime does not pay?

Depends on who you are.  Lots of examples of people not going to jail, even for things like murder.  

Honored Contributor

I watched it the first two seasons only because I loved Smollett’s voice and songs.  I am not a “rap” afficianatto, and the storyline seemed very repetitious, so I stopped watching.  I did hope Jesse would become a star on his own, but I doubt that will happen after the stunt he pulled.  Very sad.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986