Trusted Contributor

If your television watching is limited to soaps, sports and/or reality fare, it stands to reason you wouldn't know these actors. My hub watches sports, house buying and renovations and, starting Wednesday, Survivor. He has no idea about these actors or the EXCELLENT material they put out. I think he's missing out on a lot of thought provoking, interesting television.

Although, he has expressed an interest in the upcoming Ali doc by Ken Burns.

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Acting awards, none.

hope this doesn't turn into a racist issue....i see it as a talent issue......

Trusted Contributor

Omg.

Talent? Omg.

Anyway, RuPauls show won for the 342nd time. Love him.

Honored Contributor

Re: Emmys on the 19th

[ Edited ]

@JamandBread wrote:

Omg.

Talent? Omg.

Anyway, RuPauls show won for the 342nd time. Love him.

Big RuPaul fan here, too!!    Glad he keeps winning.    I'm kind of upset with him right now, as Drag Race was moved to one of those newer streaming services recently.   I pay plenty for cable and when cable shows move to streaming only it's a drag.   I'm not going to join for one show, even if it's RuPaul's show.  I keep checking LOGO and VH1, hoping the recent season of All Stars will be aired on tv, after it aired on streaming.  So far, no luck.  Smiley Sad

It's the first time I've missed a season of his shows.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Go Ru!  He won 2 awards this year: Best Competition Show as Producer and Best Reality/Competition Show Host!  He has now become the record holder for most Emmys won by a person of color.

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt yes. Season 6 is on Paramount. Paramount is running a free 30 day trial. I've done the 30 day trial for Brit Box and Acorn and kept them. Which is the trouble with those 30 day trials 😉

Honored Contributor

Personally, I'm not keeping count of how many awards were doled out based on personal characteristics, persuasion and so on. To do so smacks of a quota system or 'token' wins, which I dislike and have never endorsed. There's a lot of talent out there across the board. As long as awards are given out based on merit and the caliber of any given performance or activity, I'm good. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:

If your television watching is limited to soaps, sports and/or reality fare, it stands to reason you wouldn't know these actors. My hub watches sports, house buying and renovations and, starting Wednesday, Survivor. He has no idea about these actors or the EXCELLENT material they put out. I think he's missing out on a lot of thought provoking, interesting television.

My television watching is not limited to any or all of the above. On the other hand, I've not fallen prey to those 30 day free trials, you know, that stop being free... Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

My television watching is not limited to any or all of the above. On the other hand, I've not fallen prey to those 30 day free trials, you know, that stop being free... Smiley Wink

Funny you see yourself in my comment 😜 I was talking about my husband. But now that you mention it, I notice you are a big contributor on the soap threads. None of my business, though. But it doesn't surprise me you have no idea who the Emmy nominees are. No biggie, it's not a requirement.

p.s. I don't fall prey to anything. I kept the channels because I like the diverse programming. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JamandBread wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

Funny you see yourself in my comment 😜 I was talking about my husband. But now that you mention it, I notice you are a big contributor on the soap threads. None of my business, though. But it doesn't surprise me you have no idea who the Emmy nominees are. No biggie, it's not a requirement.

p.s. I don't fall prey to anything. I kept the channels because I like the diverse programming. 

I didn't see myself in your comments. Your remarks just seemed sort of snide and warranted a response. Television isn't my primary form of entertainment, so if I'm not well versed in the tedium of Emmy nominees that would be the reason more so than because I watch soaps and contribute to soap threads. Interesting, though that you would have gleaned that fact. We should all stream as we wish and as we can afford, but there's no right or wrong as far as what one chooses to watch or what one doesn't. Incidentally, I watch a lot of PBS and Ali, Episode 1, has already aired here, multiple times. I gave it about fifteen minutes before deciding it was not for me. Hope your husband enjoys the show.