Honored Contributor

Fleabag...best comedy.   I’m going to have to check this one out 

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

OMG I thought someone was calling someone a fleabag lol.  Glad that is straightened out. lol

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

Please do, it is really different and so deserving of these awards. Phoebe Waller-Bridge is remarkable.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor
Glad to see the positive reviews for Fleabag. I admit I was a little bummed that JLD and Veep didn’t win (I wonder if the year hiatus worked against them?), but happy to hear the show and actress that did win was worthy.

I did give a yelp and sigh of relief for Jodie Comer! She seems like the sweet complete opposite of Villanelle. I probably wanted her to win more than anyone in any other category.
Super Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I’m so glad “ Fleabag” was recognized and won so many awards. It was a quality program and so deserving

Me too!!! I love Phoebe Waller-Bridge!

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Super Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
Glad to see the positive reviews for Fleabag. I admit I was a little bummed that JLD and Veep didn’t win (I wonder if the year hiatus worked against them?), but happy to hear the show and actress that did win was worthy.

I did give a yelp and sigh of relief for Jodie Comer! She seems like the sweet complete opposite of Villanelle. I probably wanted her to win more than anyone in any other category.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Fleabag) was also the showrunner, writer, and producer for the first season of Killing Eve. I love both shows.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Honored Contributor

So. so happy that Jodie Comer won for her portrayal of Villanelle!  She was fantastic!  Also, Julia Garner!  And, of course, Michelle Williams for her role as Gwen Verdon.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I didn't watch the Emmy's but did watch the Red Carpet, and I don't think that Jenny McCarthy did a very good job of interviewing...She didn't even acknowledge a lot of the spouses that were also actors.....She asked stupid questions in a lot of cases and I kept thinking boy I miss Joan!

It was interesting to see the Red Carpet though........Some real big misses and a few hits....

Respected Contributor

Homer looked sharp in a tux!  He would've made a good host.

Watched the first hour, then switched back and forth between this and "The Affair" and "On Becoming."  I've never heard of "Fleabag."  Will definitely check it out. 

Glad Michelle won.  Really enjoyed "Fosse/Verdon."

Respected Contributor

Just a word of warning for those who want to check out Fleabag. It is an irreverent, often dark comedy. From the very first scene. If you are offended by blunt sexuality or discussions of a highly intimate nature, this show may not be for you. With that said, it deserves the accolades!