Esteemed Contributor

I'll definitely watch; thanks for the reminder.

Respected Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

I find awards shows disrespectful, and full of actors political views.  I'll be watching a really good football game

Agree re: awards shows now...I got "so over them" years ago, partly because of the politicization of everything, partly because I'm getting over the "celeb culture." And as far as Emmys...really not much Emmy worthy to watch imho.  Unfortunatey, it's bleeding into everything these days, including sports...nowhere to escape anymore without being preached at. I'll read a book....for now. Although....as I said on another thread...I have streamed some good shows in the past year...and currently am streaming "Friday Night Lights" on Amazon Prime...really good show; enjoying it! I never saw it first time around..

Respected Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

I used to enjoy the Emmys back in the day, but not since the actors turned their acceptance speeches political.  I don't care what or who they like. Plus now I don't watch half of the shows that are nominated, so I'm not interested any more.

Same.

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched any awards show in years. I don't like to hear anyone's political views. When friends start I change the subject or just come out and tell them to stop. 

Honored Contributor

I dont see how there will be a Red Carpet preshow if it is virtual. I would think all speeches have been taped ahead of time, and theywill just air the ones of the winners. 

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

I used to enjoy the Emmys back in the day, but not since the actors turned their acceptance speeches political.  I don't care what or who they like. Plus now I don't watch half of the shows that are nominated, so I'm not interested any more.

I don't mind the political stuff, its just I have no idea what the nominated shows are.  Back in the day there were ABC, CBS, and NBC.  I was familiar with all the shows and had my favorites.  Now most of them are on Neflix etc...

Honored Contributor

So far this is boring for me I don't watch the show that is cleaning up ( I'm afraid to say what it is).

Valued Contributor

These actors are showing their true colors. What makes them the most knowing and intelligent people on earth. Big egos I will not watch.

Honored Contributor

Anyone nominated in the drama category must be happy the big winners of the night so far aren't in their categories.

Honored Contributor

Guilliana said she is not there due to her, her son and husband have covid.