Honored Contributor

Way to go Henry Winkler!  I actually burst into tears and started to clap. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Said he waited 40 years.  Nice the way the other nominees gave him a standing o.

Honored Contributor

I'm so happy that " The .Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" is winning awards, it is a wonderful show.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

So happy for Henry Winkler, after 40 years,

http://images.clipartpanda.com/happy-face-thumbs-up-clip-art-LcKd8appi.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I did t watch the Emmys but am glad to hear H. Winkler won finally!  I never understood why he never won for playing the Fonz, Loved him on happy days! 

Honored Contributor

I was so pleased that Darren Criss won for his role in The Assassination Of Gianna Versace. He did an excellent job playing that part.

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I did t watch the Emmys but am glad to hear H. Winkler won finally!  I never understood why he never won for playing the Fonz, Loved him on happy days! 

Larry David was a presenter!  He looked sharp.  Said he doesn't like banter.  Ha !!!

Honored Contributor

I literally just fast forwarded through most of the show to hit the key moments at lunch.  I enjoy it so much better with the fluff and host filler out of the way.  

I was shocked to hear Henry hadn't been awarded anything yet.  Just crazy.

And the standing Os for him and quite a few others was so nice to see.  Just applaud for the work and forget the rest of the world for a while.   Nice to see manners make a bigtime comeback.

And I thought the Memorium was one of the better ones I've seen.  To have Aretha sing Amazing Grace with all the giants we lost the past year, I was shocked there were so many notables.  And a nice touch to include John McCain in there too.

And that marriage proposal!  I usually don't go in for that sort of stuff but WOW.  Between the ages they both were and the family above watching over them with the mom's ring and his humor...best moment of tv I have seen in a very long time!

Respected Contributor

I was so happy also for Henry Winkler.  It is hard to believe, though nominated, that he never won an award for that iconic character "The Fonz."  That omission was definitely a misstep by the television industry.  Even Winkler's leather moto jacket as "The Fonz" is in the Smithsonian Museum.  Congratulations Henry Winkler - well deserved!

I also thought it was nice of the other nominees to give him a standing ovation!

Honored Contributor

It seemed like Regina King was so shocked to have won. Has anyone seen the show that she won for? I have always liked her as an actress, but have not seen this particular show.