Respected Contributor

I don't know if this has been talked about previously.  I just read in the AARP magazine that Emeril sold his company, minus restaurants, to Martha Stewart in 2008.  I just find that interesting.  So anything he sells on the Q or HSN is Martha's, and he, I assume designs them. 

Honored Contributor

I saw him on an infomercial several days ago and that's the first time I've seen him in ages.

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I don't know if this has been talked about previously.  I just read in the AARP magazine that Emeril sold his company, minus restaurants, to Martha Stewart in 2008.  I just find that interesting.  So anything he sells on the Q or HSN is Martha's, and he, I assume designs them. 

@luvmybeetle   Martha no longer owns that company. I don't think she has for awhile.

Honored Contributor

I've been watching his earlier shows 'The Essence of Emeril' on DABL TV.  

Half-hour shows.........fairly easy recipes.

Four daily episodes back-to-back.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I've been watching his earlier shows 'The Essence of Emeril' on DABL TV.  

Half-hour shows.........fairly easy recipes.

Four daily episodes back-to-back.

I was not aware of that channel until I saw your post, so I looked it up and it sounds like something I will like. Emeril was one of my favorites many moons ago when he was with FN.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

I'm surprised when anyone owns anything they've created.  Corporations eventually take it over and the product is recreated as a lower quality for higher profit.

Honored Contributor

I'm not at all surprised, huge mega corporations own 90% of everything.  It doesn't matter to me because I never was a "fan" of any designer or company.  I only care about the "stuff" and not at all about the business behind it.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Emeril Lagasse

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY 

I watch the Essence of Emeril too. He is so calm and informative compared to his later shows with all of the BAM shtick.

Honored Contributor

'Before I forget' to tell you:

Emeril has a new pressure cooker/air fryer/crock with STAINLESS STEEL removable liner, and accessories.

Saw it on one of the morning shows Today or one of the other shows.

Also, I meant to say that The Essence of Emeril on DABL TV is on (four episodes back to back) in the daytime and ALSO four episodes in the evening.  Eight shows total per day/evening.  

Now, I don't know if the evening episodes are a repeat of the morning episodes.  

I'll try to pay attention next week.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I hadn't heard this, nor did I know he sold at the Q. The only place I ever used to see him is on GMA cooking up a storm.  I even tried his hash brown quiche recipe for Christmas brunch. Fabulous.