Honored Contributor

* 2022 'Elvis' movie: trailers & stuff *

[ Edited ]
Elvis (2022)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp2BNHwbwvI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBDLRvjHVOY

per Hypebeast:

Baz Luhrmann's film provides a closer look at the film's exploration of Elvis Presley's life and career through the lens of his complicated relationship with his manager Colonel Tom Parker.

"The story delves into the complex dynamic between Presley and Parker spanning over 20 years, from Presley’s rise to fame to his unprecedented stardom, against the backdrop of the evolving cultural landscape and loss of innocence in America," the official synopsis reads. "Central to that journey is one of the most significant and influential people in Elvis’s life, Priscilla Presley."

in theaters June 24th

on HBO Max August 8th

Respected Contributor

Re: 'Elvis' movie official trailer

I remember reading that the reason Elvis never toured outside the country was that Parker was not able to leave the country because of some legal shenanigans. That held Elvis back from world tours and many world wide opportunities. Too bad Parker was such a crook.

Esteemed Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

I remember reading that the reason Elvis never toured outside the country was that Parker was not able to leave the country because of some legal shenanigans. That held Elvis back from world tours and many world wide opportunities. Too bad Parker was such a crook.

Col. Tom Parker was actually Andreas Cornelis (Dries) van Kuijk in the US illegally from the Netherlands.  He had no papers so he couldn't leave the US because he wouldn't be able to reenter.

Respected Contributor

That is quite a trailer! By all appearances the actor is able to capture his essence.  It will be interesting to see the movie. I saw Elvis in person and sat in the front row of the venue. I have never felt such charisma before or after. He was one of a kind. That is saying a lot because I really wasn't a fan. I just went there with my friend who was a huge Elvis fan.

It will be interesting to see if the younger demographic "gets" what is happening and relates to the constraints that were challenged by Elvis.

Honored Contributor

That looks so good!

I'm sorry it will only be in theaters at least for awhile I guess. I think that is a mistake. I think they are betting that a lot of people will go. Many are still not going to theaters.

I read that the actor who plays Elvis sings the songs and then towards the end of Elvis life they mixed his voice with some of Elvis. That's pretty neat.

I wasn't a big Elvis fan either but the trailer makes him look and sound amazing!

Pretty great that you were able to see him @On It!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I remember when "Hound Dog" came out or at least when I first heard it.  I was around 6 or 7 yrs old.  Sang it around the house teasing my younger brothers that they were stinking "hound dogs."  I also remember when he was on the Ed Sullivan show.  The camera only showed him from the upper waist on up.  I  knew him as the "hound dog" man. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

DD just told me about this today!

I sense another Oscar for Tom Hanks.

The young man who plays the lead is from the "Disney stable."

They got Priscilla's permission to film inside Graceland.

I want to see it.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the link, it looks really goodSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

There are lots of Elvis impersonators who look a lot like Elvis. This guy doesn't even resemble Elvis. Why him?? 

Honored Contributor

@Judaline  Maybe it's because the "impersonators" do not have the whole package as Elvis ages......

speaking voice

singing voice

dance moves

playing the guitar

Last but not least......the impersonators cannot act!   Priscilla put her stamp on it too.  Smiley Tongue

I thought the trailer was very good.  I hope the movie is just as good.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif